Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Goodbye to my American Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 3:44am
what does she really know about the american ghetto?  she's never lived in any according to her own article.  rather, she seems to be basing her understanding on stereotypes and what she's heard or seen in the media.  which ironically, is what americans are likely basing their view of the safety of her home country. 

see how that works?  you live somewhere others view as unsafe and dangerous...yet, instead, you feel fine, comfy and at home.

look...i don't doubt she has finally come to the realization...

that racism is real... all over the world...especially here. 

that perhaps aa's not collectively boot strapping it on up the american dream ladder could be a little bit more complicated than what a simple just do it slogan could ever solve.  

i'm sure she now now realizes yt folks here don't really consider her a special equal kind of kneegrow in the way she perhaps  previously thought they would.

but do i really give a f*ck about her chronicling how she's done everything opposite of aa's and still wasn't accepted by yt?  no i don't because i already knew how alladat was gonna work out for her.  its not as if this strategy hasn't already been tested and failed many many times by various aa's throughout history...   

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 27 2013 at 3:55am
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 4:04am
see.... i think she fully expected yt to accept her as equal since she lived their lifestyle and rebuked everything aa.  they didn't.  if they had, i don't believe she would have left here OR given one flying f*ck about aa's in the ghetto or otherwise...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 27 2013 at 4:05am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Okay let me once again.  It looked like she was questioning why people said these things, not that she was saying them.

that is what she did
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 4:09am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

see.... i think she fully expected yt to accept her as equal since she lived their lifestyle and rebuked everything aa.  they didn't.  if they had, i don't believe she would have left here OR given one flying f*ck about aa's in the ghetto or otherwise...

this too
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 4:41am
summary?
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 8:31am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

summary?
it's only FIVE pages! It's a good read
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 2:45pm
SAD but real!
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 2:46pm
I see your point TC and I trust you guys and I think I'm being too generous with her. That thinking is just more naive analysis that doesn't help. The other thing I realize is that she wrote that TO white people and left the back door open to us. Then the last worst thing is her rebuttal is weak as fck because she has no place of understanding to position her defense from. If she has experience in the hood she should have used that in her argument. She is not ready for this fight so she needs to sit all the way down.

I guess I felt sorry for her but it doesn't take long for me to go from that mental space to kiss my entire ass once I see you ain't bout dat life

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Jul 27 2013 at 2:53pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 3:26pm
LOL  it seems to me, she started (albeit armed only with what her mother told her) out thinking thirst, work, acting "wright" would gain true acceptance from yt america.  clearly, that was the end goal. 

aa culture/experiences merely served initially as a road map of what not to do (self serving) and then eventually as a quasi rationale to help her process why her original goal was never/won't ever be achieved (self serving).  no where in any of that was there ever any real concern or understanding of aa's in so far as i am concerned.

which brings me to her weak azz responses...lol.  they are are weak because despite it all, she still seems to be drawn to yt america and likely still holds onto most of the negative perceptions she's always had of aa's in the first place.

so with all that being said, i give her a nice....wanna be...but not quite...more work to do...more to learn...reformed coon status...LOL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 3:42pm
LOL @ reformed coon status
Again - the love I have for you and whyHeart
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic