BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye to my American Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 11:55pm
What Carolina said.  I have heard the same sentiments from Trini's who have beenhere less than 10 years.  My boy says he tries to tell folks back home how it really is here but no one believes him.  They believe what they see on TV. He said life was easier before he got his papers.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 26 2013 at 11:55pm
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i wonder if she is somewhere out there enjoying the status her 'american' nationality affords her

You already know, so what did she do with her "papers"?Geek I'm glad she is happy with her choice to move home and I liked her article as well.  It reminded me of Derri. [Buju Banton]Who can afford to run will run, but what about those who can't? they will have to stay [/Buju Banton]

Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lol a lot of fighting words in that article, she would of fit in well in one of the aa versus them other nigguh threads.
but your aviCry

I liked it. She is right about many things. LOL@ why she wont be back according to SL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I kind of liked it

hope certain posters learn from it

Silly girl!!! LOL

I thought is was very deep and I felt where she was coming from. Everyone gets mad at me when I say I hate being called African American because they assume that Africa is the part I'm worried aboutConfused
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:21am
If the gub'ment loan people can't touch me in another country, I might write a similar article in about 2 years. Look for it y'all!LOL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:30am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lol a lot of fighting words in that article, she would of fit in well in one of the aa versus them other nigguh threads.

I remember the one where I completely lost my sh*t for the first time on BHM.  It was titled non-AA blacks or something.  I was heated as fck.

But I have to say that if you didn't know she was from someplace else and took that part completely out of the article.  She was saying something pretty sad that we all feel. 

The ONLY reason to disagree to be honest is because she's saying it and she's not "us".  But she is "us" and I choose to embrace her. 

Go figure.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:46am
I'm trying to read the part that's offensive to AA. Can someone point me to it?
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:04am

personally...i wish "we" all could embrace each other and rebuke these ill gotten pre-conceived notions in the first place.  but oh no.  it seems one has to be literally slapped in the face with harsh reality and truth before getting it?  as if taking each others word for it isn't good enough...

afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:12am
She has a good mom, I bet she will be disappointed, well written article. Most immigrants feel like her though. "Buffalo soldier"
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:18am
@TC BMH ate my post.

We are starting from a place of mistrust.  The author hit on that discussing how they trip over themselves for non-AAs trying to seem like we are over here lying about them.   And internal the damage that is already here makes us come out of the womb with "trust no-one" on our onesies.

I was shocked to see non-AAs at BHM acting brand new though.  I was like our ancestors came from the same place, we just got dropped off in different spots.  FOH.  Have a million transatlantic seats ma.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic