FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedGoodbye to my American Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

that is not the explicit social structure in their home countries. Their government officials look and sounded like them. Their culture was reflected to them everywhere they went. It wasn't one world inside of another like it is here. 

I don't know how this got so long. I guess I understand both sides being West Indian and American.

The underlined Star. I wake up I see black people, i go to the grocery store/turn on tv i see black people. I once posted that BHM made me wanna interact with YT people to see if all the rumours are true and if they smell like lemon scented pine sol LOL. I only see them at my gym. American or European YTs not Jamaican whites or red naygas or "brown" or the mixed race uptowners.

I liked what she said because i understood it just as Miss B explained and uppity mentioned.

ETA Kfoxx the everyday slangs not heard on mainstream tele I learned here. Cable, rap, the Black movies of the 1990s, black comedy special and sitcoms exposed me to AAVE/ebonics. I think I could sound American and authentically so if I was around y'all for say 2-3 months. (don't know one say a word about some of my countrymen who go abroad one time and start "twanging"LOL

I wanted to ask about the phrase "turned up" I heard Kevin Hart with it on BET awards and seen it on BHM. But where does it come from? what does it mean exactly! Jamaican say "tun up" and have been saying that one for about 3-4 years now. Eg. How is the party? ans; De ting "tun Up'/ tun up LOUD tun up till it buck etc etc Meaning it was a whale of a good time, it looks lovely, it's CRUNK, it is very very nice/hype/extravagant.

Edited by Diane (35) - Jul 28 2013 at 2:35pm
Sponsored Links

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic