Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

GOOD UK/LONDON SALONS WHICH INSTALL CLOSURES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
cococomplexion1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cococomplexion1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GOOD UK/LONDON SALONS WHICH INSTALL CLOSURES
    Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 4:50am
Hi people! To anyone living in the London area - can they recommend any good salons and stylists which install lace closures with virgin hair flawlessly? [for a good but reasonable price, one place charged 85 and as a student i dont think i can manage that every two months lol] 

I know that closures can look wiggish if applied amateurly which is why i wondered if anyone knew good stylists... im not liking that obvious bad looking lace front/wig/closure look im seeing on many women around london, but am sick of doing full head weave where i cant part my hair  and my natural edges after a few weeks pop out to say hello... 
Sponsored Links

eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 5:53am
£85 is a great price for weave and closure especially in london.any cheaper then good luck as it will look crap
Ali_90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ali_90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 9:06am
Hi,

There is a stylist called Semone. She is really professional and friendly. She also refuses to use glue! I haven't had a closure fitted with her yet. I think she is charging £70,  see below her website.

http://www.semonehairstylist.co.uk/index.php/gallery%20 - http://www.semonehairstylist.co.uk/index.php/gallery
Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 7:45pm
Can you not attempt yourself?! and learn.

I am/was a novice at closures i ordered one and have had really sucessful realistic apps

i use ultra hold glue AP and i got 2/3 days of hold, if i paid 70-85 and old got 3 days heads would roll! and im a student too! i do my weaves myself! 
Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Hawk Hawk wrote:

Can you not attempt yourself?! and learn.

I am/was a novice at closures i ordered one and have had really sucessful realistic apps
at present and i get 2/3 days of hold, if i paid 70-85 and only got 3 days heads would roll! and im a student too! i do my weaves myself! Please become a DIYer!

my first closure app!
Ali_90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali_90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 1:27am
Loving your install!
 I am also going to get my first closure install soon.
I work out nearly every day now and sweat at lot from my head. Do you think I should play with glue or full sew in?
cococomplexion1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cococomplexion1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 7:14am
Shocked!!! 

you know what after eboni1s comment i was gonna reconsider even doing a closure cos I'm not made of money lol, but you did yours for free and it certainly don't look crap, IT LOOKS GREAT!! Clap

I wish i had the confidence to be a DIYer - but there are too many factors which put me off doing it, the use of glue near the hairline, damaging the closure by getting it wrong and making sure i get the closure in the right exact place.. but yours looks great for your first install, plus the money you must save! 

i hope you dont mind me asking how many attempts it took you to get it that first closure install looking that good? or did you get it right the first time round? and how long does it take to do your weave and closure yourself? message me =)

i guess there is no harm in trying to do it myself.. but my biggest fear is looking like those girls whose lace wigs/frontals/closures which look so fake!!! my worst nightmare =(
Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Ali_90 Ali_90 wrote:

Loving your install!
 I am also going to get my first closure install soon.
I work out nearly every day now and sweat at lot from my head. Do you think I should play with glue or full sew in?

Thank you! I work out too now and i sweat like a PIG i have only tried glue, i couldnt get the closure taught enough to consider sewing it in with no glue in the front, i vote glue, i dont like full sew ins! 

Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by cococomplexion1990 cococomplexion1990 wrote:

Shocked!!! 

you know what after eboni1s comment i was gonna reconsider even doing a closure cos I'm not made of money lol, but you did yours for free and it certainly don't look crap, IT LOOKS GREAT!! Clap

I wish i had the confidence to be a DIYer - but there are too many factors which put me off doing it, the use of glue near the hairline, damaging the closure by getting it wrong and making sure i get the closure in the right exact place.. but yours looks great for your first install, plus the money you must save! 

i hope you dont mind me asking how many attempts it took you to get it that first closure install looking that good? or did you get it right the first time round? and how long does it take to do your weave and closure yourself? message me =)

i guess there is no harm in trying to do it myself.. but my biggest fear is looking like those girls whose lace wigs/frontals/closures which look so fake!!! my worst nightmare =(

Thank you! I have the closure about 1cm + in front of my own hairline. I read threads on BHM and watched a few tutorials on youtube and tried it! 
This was my first closure install.. i bleached the knots with BBlonde then sprayed Faux tights on it in deep glow, To sew it down i tacked it first and decided if that was where i wanted it and then sewed it quite tight. i wanted a body look so i put it a little way before my hairline, the closure hair was in a hair band and clips so hair wouldn't fall

Since doing this application i have had a few misses but thats because of where my glue comes into contact with my makeup and i didnt have C22 to remove it properly.. so i get this line that screams i have makeup on

To do an install takes about 2hours 3max, this was three packs and i double tracked. I had a friend braid my hair all back and was good to go 

I wear lace wigs from time to time and i just cut the lace and wear them as wigs, i think it depends on your makeup routine aswell, like if you walk around with a naked face then they look really unrealistic 

Re: damaging a closure, the worst you could do is tear the lace, from pulling way too tight and if that happens you just have to take extra care when applying it.
if glue comes into contact with the hair it will come out with C22, after wash, condition and dry the hair and your good to try again
NemaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NemaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 7:17pm
@ hawk : could u PLEASE come to south london and do my closure ?! i can never get that thing right. lool i guess i shud b more patient 

great first app by the wayClap

Edited by NemaBee - Jan 12 2012 at 7:18pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic