Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:34pm
Lionel died in 2009 of throat cancer Mama India
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

OK . Thank you . Embarrassed
greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

I think Florida portrayed another side of black. Yes the family could have made it out of the pj the lazy and illegal way...but Fkorida represented high morals, integrity and character. She didn't fit the poor black stereotypes and she set a good example for the kids... I think James is still one of the best tv dads of all times!

The kids always rocked the " baddest threads" to be so poor. JJ always had on a pair of Levi's...I guess u had to live near that era to appreciate dhows like this.. The Jeffersons is still FUNNY!
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:52pm
good times and Sanford & son are my favorite black shows from the old school.  I didn't find it depressing, just did a lot of stupid ish...but sitcoms are pretty silly in general.  Preferred Sanford & son.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:00pm
I like them as well. I still dont like Florida. .lol she wasnt always moral she was just complacent. She wouldn't let james go to Alaska but she ley him go to Mississippi. Lol S&S is classic i many ways Red Foxx one liners still have me rollin.

I wonder if a good time'esk show would be successful or if it would be frowned upon....
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:04pm
i been watching a lot of different strokes and jeffersons lately. never realized that the jeffersons was so good. it makes me happy. 

good times get on my nerves mostly. i watch it every now and then though when i'm bored. i need to find facts of life and punky brewster.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:06pm
what's that show called with rog and the his sister talking bout i'ma tell mama? i like that show too. the early episodes. i need to find it.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:08pm
Punky Brewster was my everything...lol and later facts of life and growing pains. A different world made me wanna go to college. ..and house party..lol
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I like them as well. I still dont like Florida. .lol she wasnt always moral she was just complacent. She wouldn't let james go to Alaska but she ley him go to Mississippi. Lol S&S is classic i many ways Red Foxx one liners still have me rollin.

I wonder if a good time'esk show would be successful or if it would be frowned upon....

It reaaaaallly depends on who does the show...the actors, network, everythjng.  BlAck actors back then seemed more believable in their roles.  Now they just throw an urban outfit on some black kid who grew up in Orange county and expect us to believe they're a poor troubled youth.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:08pm
Whats happenin?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair