Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Good Straightening Serum?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Marzgreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marzgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:15am
Kemi Oyl or Mizani Thermasmooth Serum
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:33am
I ended up getting the chi at my local BSS and I must say, I really like it. I straightened my hair on Monday (the inauguration) and my hair has stayed straight - through some damp days too. :)

I'm glad the spray bottle was big. I didn't need much but the results were excellent. :)
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 8:23pm
first of all start off with a nice moisturizing deep conditioning session.

make sure you straighten your edges to help maintain them. if they arent straightened properly in the first place they probably wont stay straight.

Edited by Napp - Jan 30 2013 at 8:29pm
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:28am
The Garnier Sleek and Shine serum is supposed to be comparable to Sabino Moisture Block. Lots of people seem to love the Redken Heatglide serum as well although it hasn't done much for me (I just have really uncooperative hair) but still worth a try.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 1:41pm
The problem was definitely that I wasn't using a moisture blocking straightening serum. This is my full method that I ended up using:

1. Freshly washed hair
2. Spritzed with John Freida 3 day Straight
3. Blow dried at medium speed on "warm" setting with intermittent cool shots of air while stretching to minimize curl pattern
4. On blow dried sections applied Chi 44 Iron Guard
5. Follow by using chasing comb with flatiron

This method although a bit time consuming ended up giving me almost 2 weeks of straight hair. I unfortunately got caught in a windy set sprinkles last night so my ends are a bit "extra" fluffy.

Honestly step 3 is something that I usually avoid and is probably what really made the difference - in addition to the Chi 44 Iron Guard. What I normally end up doing is washing my hair and letting it air dry for a day in twists. Then I would flatiron the air dried hair the next day. And that mess would revert in a matter of hours.

ETA: And for the most part I didn't have to reapply heat after this. Only once did I use my flat iron to curl my hair and that was last week.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Jan 31 2013 at 1:44pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12