FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Good Straightening Serum?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Straightening Serum?
    Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:56am
So, I've been wearing Marley Twists for about 2 months now. I plan on taking them out within the next day or so to do a good wash as well as straightening my hair for a real length check & trim. Can anyone recommend a good straightening serum that isn't too heavy but actually lasts?

I remember back in the day Sabino (sp) was the go-to brand but they've since changed their formula etc etc.

TIA!
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:02am
Model, are you looking for a serum with more anti- humidity protection to combat reversion or a product to give you that good press and keep the humidity at bay?

I've had good results with using Crisco as my 'pressing creme' and ORS Anti Humidity Serum. ORS has another serum- I belive its pink and its a spray- I'm going to try that too. I just added some of the ORS products to my regime- specifically my straightening regimen- and I' m pleased thus far.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:08am
I'm more focused on anti humidity. Sometimes I get so hot while doing the flatiron that my edges revert a bit before I finish. Ouch
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:20am
I use chi, silk infusion, and I think it works wonders.
I dont retouch with the flat iron, but I set my hair every night with olive oil.
Hope that helps...
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 1:10pm
Yep, co-signing on Chi Silk Infusion, have used other stuff, but nothing does it like that, a little goes a long way, after I run out of the frizz ease serum(John Frieda, I heard good things about it so I got it and it's not bad but CSI is just better in my opinion, but also more expensive though) I'm going back to CSI.
But if you are looking for a less pricy solution, the IC Fantasia serums(I have no experience with the heat protecting spray though, here they used to have the serum in the pink bottle but now they only sell the pink spray, don't know about the U.S. though) are great as well in my experience but you will only have to use one small drop and rub it in your hands real good before putting it on your hair (just noticed you asked for a product that isn't too heavy.)
Another good option which is cheaper than the Chi silk infusion also from the Chi line is biosilk, it is not as heavy as the Chi silk infusion and less expensive.

Edited by Ritle - Jan 14 2013 at 2:42pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 2:36pm
I like biosilk...I ran out of it and that's probably why I've been having such issues. Time to hit up the bss and pick up more! I think I've seen Chi at TJMaxx/Marshalls for much cheaper than it normally goes for, so I'll have to check that out as well.

Thanks everyone!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I like biosilk...I ran out of it and that's probably why I've been
having such issues. Time to hit up the bss and pick up more! I think I've seen Chi at TJMaxx/Marshalls for much cheaper than it normally goes
for, so I'll have to check that out as well.

Thanks everyone!

You're welcome, you'll be back on track in no time.
Mollymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mollymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 2:49pm
Fyi sabino recently reintroduced moisture block. Its back ordered right now, but in a week or so you can purchase it from their website.
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:22pm
Chi is great

Paul Mitchell is also amazing. I think I like the PM better.
vida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:43pm
I like beyond the zone heat protectant spray, aphogee serum, and currently using IC Fantasia Olive Serum..all of these are light and dont weigh the hair down and keep the hair from reverting!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic