Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good somewhat natural strong protein treatment.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good somewhat natural strong protein treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Jjoyoyoyo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jjoyoyoyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good somewhat natural strong protein treatment.
    Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 8:20pm
Hello =D

My natural hair is 4B, I have a curly perm - however it was a one process curly perm, with only the mild liquid Thioglycolate applied, no straightening was done to the hair, so it is basically just a slight texturizer I suppose.

Anyways, for the past few months now I have been trying to re-do my regimine and use cheaper producs. I've discovered that I love the shea moisture products. My new staples are.

Shampoo: Shea moisture, moisture retention shampoo
Leave in: Shea moisture restorative conditioner

Deep conditioner: Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle, White Camellia, or GPB, or the shea moisture deep treatment masque (any of them work fine so I keep them all, I will work my way down and find the one I like best though at some point lol) ^^

Oils:  My hair seems to love any oil, I use some THICK heavy oils sometimes ON TOP of light oils and my hair just seem to soak them up somehow.

Styling: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, or the Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie (whichever =P)

Now for protein, I have the GPB, it's nice but it's not really...a strong protein conditioner. I guess I am looking for something with a decent price, that I can get on the ground, and that has something natural ingredients.

I had been looking as this conditioner, as it has Keratin, and my hair seems to need a stronger protein.

However looking at the ingredients, it has sodium hydroxide..?

Should I be wary of this, we all know sodium hydroxide and thio don't mix. I am sure the sodium hydroxide is in the conditioner for PH purposes, but could the chemical still have an active effect on my hair?

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links

yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 9:21pm
I'm not sure about sodium hydro~ium, but hairveda has a strong natural protein treatment. check out there website. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2011 at 9:21am
If you have doubts, I would not use that one.....Aphogee 2 step and Megatek both have hydrolyzed keratin protein listed top of their ingredients. These are good proteins. But you will need to check for that HS.  HHJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
maryware77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryware77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2016 at 12:48pm
The one and only GKhair the best JUVEXIN treatment. Pure natural for strong and smooth hair. I love it!!!
afrohairsolutions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrohairsolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2016 at 1:22pm
Egg and mayonnaise is a good, natural deep conditioner, with lots of protein.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic