Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Good News, Avonte's Law

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:39pm
What are ya'll even reading??  Who said they're trying to embed a tracking device in anyone's child??  

"...his mother and grandmother stood with Senator Charles E. Schumer as he announced a proposal for a new law. Called “Avonte’s law,” it would finance a program to provide optional electronic tracking devices to be worn by children with autism."

This is why I look things up before I speak on them.

Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:52pm
You don't need a law to put a tracking device ON your autistic child.....if you can't see an agenda here okay......first it will be worn then when kidnappers learn to just remove the tracker it will need to be implanted......and then for non autistic kids to adults....and with the idea going around about micro chipping people for jobs this isn't far fetched at all......

I get this is just to provide it as well.....

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Jan 27 2014 at 12:53pm
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:02pm
I'm not speaking on micro-chips because that's not what the law is about.  

And no, you do not need a law to put a device on your autistic child, however, for those parents who's resources are limited, having this OPTION provided to them, free of charge, could be beneficial.  

Simple.  The OP asked for thoughts, some gave them, others started making stuff up.  I'm addressing what is proposed not what we can think up.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:34pm
Nothing was made up....people decided to think a tad deeper.... you can address what is proposed but its smart to think past that and think about the what ifs......
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:49pm
Re-read, folks were on here implying the law was to put microchips in autistic children, when CLEARLY that is not being proposed.  ETA: ... check page 5

We all are entitled to opinions, and theories, but don't change the facts.  

Edited by Ms_Kudos - Jan 27 2014 at 1:57pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

This is not okay...

You put a chip in a dog in case they get lost and can't find their way home...

You put a child in a school's care and suddenly chips are needed because of the school's negligence?

This law is terrible and this country is crooked af. Autistic children aren't animals.

This? 

I think you kinda salty she got 4 likes and your paragraph got non.....no shade.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:07pm
If you don't think they will eventually propose to have those tracker inserted into the child you can't see the bigger picture......tracking devices on these children is fine.....it shouldn't be government mandated tho.....its an expense as a parent of a handicap child.....
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:21pm
When you see a thread and comments follow, the comments usually are based on the information provided in the OP.

Unfortunately the OP didn't specify what type of tracking device. Can a discussion be tainted if it's is unclear from the beginning? Is it wrong for inferences to be drawn based on lack of information and a dishonest gov't? I think not.

The law itself may not be regarding microchips, but could it be perceived as a gateway for the introduction of them? Yes. Can we discuss that? Yes.

If you have an article with clarifying info, post it and we'll discuss that.

But you came in with a quote from a random, previously unmentioned article asking what we were reading as if you quoted the OP. I think the discussion tainting came from you, MK.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:24pm
I didn't get a conspiracy vibe.  I got more a....."sign of the beast" vibe.  *shrugs*  as far as the OP *shrugs again*  I got nuthin'.
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

I'm not speaking on micro-chips because that's not what the law is about.  

And no, you do not need a law to put a device on your autistic child, however, for those parents who's resources are limited, having this OPTION provided to them, free of charge, could be beneficial.  

Simple.  The OP asked for thoughts, some gave them, others started making stuff up.  I'm addressing what is proposed not what we can think up.
ia with this.  idk why yall are thinking about chips, but I'm not opposed to that either.  If my great state of NY wants to put an ankle monitor on autistic kids, so be it.  Why should it be at the expense of the parent?  The state pays for insurance, school, safety, & many other resources that NOBODY  here bats an eyelash at. 

oh lets make a thread on  govt taking away wic or food stamps & half yall wanna talk about the war on the poor, etc...  like why cant the parent pay for it if they want it? hmmm it goes both ways
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic