BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Good News, Avonte's Law

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:31pm
They had another boy that ran out of school and walked home without a coat here in BK. He was only 4yrs. Even as I'm typing this, I'm side eying the hell out of that story smh...

Yup, they'll def be chipping tracking all these kids soon.

Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

....They should hold the school more accountable in this situation...He ran out and no one ran after him...
this is where i have a problem with this story

the school has the custodial rights and duties to the child once that child is on school property and that child should only them be released to teh custodial parent or those on that childs list

the fact that no one went after an autistic child with no means of communicating with strangers makes the school negligible and culpable in this sad case

the school is negligent and legal action should be taken against them

tagging children because it makes your job easier is not the right way to go

we tag pets, not children
ppp38 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

I agree with this.  There are already federally funded programs that track seniors who wander, this would expand it for children with autism and other developmental disabilities.

Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

I don't agree with this. If parent's want their kids tracked then they should pay for it themselves. Its a waste of State services. We don't have unlimited funds. 

That's a little short sighted, isn't it?  We're not talking about simple, runaways here.  Parents of autistic children are paying expenses most of us wouldn't imagine. Again, I believe Avonte's Law would be federally funded, not state.

No, its not. Using federal funds is even worse as this country is flat out broke and has to borrow $$ from China just to pay its bills. 

I feel bad for the parents of these children, but its not the State or the Country's concern. We simply do not have the $$. 
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:49pm
ppp38, you sound like the republicans I was talking about earlier.  If they can put devices on molesters & alcoholics, they can do it for these kids.  They always seem to get the money from somewhere.  Safety first

And to the little hypocrite that likes to talk trash in sublims,  It isn't smart to have a class of 20, run after 1 & leave 19 unattended.   Unless there are mult. teachers in the class or security, who is gonna go?    We all saw the video, there was no security at the door.  Even if there was security in the school, are there enough of them to be stationed at every exit?   Most city schools are cutting back on staff anyway.  the monitor will come in handy
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

I don't agree with this. If parent's want their kids tracked then they should pay for it themselves. Its a waste of State services. We don't have unlimited funds. 

I do understand your position PPP38.
However, given the amount of money the US gives away each year in foreign aid, that argument waxes a tad weak.

I should think that this kind of expenditure, for those who desire it, but are not able to afford it, should be provided.

Can someone please embed the pic from the link below? It gives an easy to understand overview of what the US 'gives' away to other countries. Meanwhile our old people and kids have to beg for crumbs.

$37,680,000,000- That's How Much the US Spends on Foreign Aid
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

ppp38, you sound like the republicans I was talking about earlier.  If they can put devices on molesters & alcoholics, they can do it for these kids.  They always seem to get the money from somewhere.  Safety first

Thank you for addressing that.

I have a feeling a number commentators don't understand autism and how serious it is.  
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Ms_Kudos Ms_Kudos wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Thank you for addressing that.

I have a feeling a number commentators don't understand autism and how serious it is.  
exactly.  These aren't normal kids, they are high risk.  Therefore we should take as many precautions as we can to keep them safe
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i don't think i like this 

me neither
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:21pm
ah yes..anything to get folks chipped i suppose.
nope i aint fallin for it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:26pm
yall conspiracy theorists stay going the wrong way.  idc about getting a chip or ankle monitor.  I have nothing to hide.  who cares if my parents & the police know where I am 24/7  ?  I'd do everybody in my family if I could.  

It's very comforting to never have to worry about a kidnapping
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>