Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good News, Avonte's Law

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:25am
i dont have anything to hide neither. doesnt mean im going to agree and accept anything thrown my way.
you can label me  conspiracy theorist, nutjob..whatever youd like. you'd think folks wouldve learned after the last time they gave up rights and crap but..its whatever.

maybe im just old fashioned...any one of my kids come up missing (God forbid) im burning down the neighborhood..and everything in my path until shot dead..or my kids returned. no tracking devices needed.

Edited by Lady ICE - Jan 27 2014 at 2:29am
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 3:01am
who watches the watchmen
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 4:52am
It shouldn't take government involvement for people to take care of their responsibilities. If I had an autistic child or family member with Alzheimer's the first thing they would have is a digital medical alert bracelet or a basic gps tracker. It's not that difficult to take care of your own responsibilities. A little forethought would help prevent a lot of drama.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

ppp38, you sound like the republicans I was talking about earlier.  If they can put devices on molesters & alcoholics, they can do it for these kids.  They always seem to get the money from somewhere.  Safety first

And to the little hypocrite that likes to talk trash in sublims,  It isn't smart to have a class of 20, run after 1 & leave 19 unattended.   Unless there are mult. teachers in the class or security, who is gonna go?    We all saw the video, there was no security at the door.  Even if there was security in the school, are there enough of them to be stationed at every exit?   Most city schools are cutting back on staff anyway.  the monitor will come in handy

no offence love, but you lack the intelligence to critically appraise the situation in its entirety. your opinion is that which is emotive, lacking factual underpinnings. this is demonstrated by your mention of funding cuts and the lack of staff and your failure to recognise their symbiotic relationship.

Edited by afrokock - Jan 27 2014 at 5:45am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 5:37am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

It shouldn't take government involvement for people to take care of their responsibilities. If I had an autistic child or family member with Alzheimer's the first thing they would have is a digital medical alert bracelet or a basic gps tracker. It's not that difficult to take care of your own responsibilities. A little forethought would help prevent a lot of drama.
the kids are in school, how is it the parents responsibility at this point?
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:20am
I get what you're saying maysay..but the child was 14 (parents took care of him just fine up until that point) and went missing at school. Who imo should have an action plan for children with special needs like Avonte. He literally bolted out the front door of the school?? No guard nothing in place. It is surprising that they didn't have any safety measures in place at all...

Can't blame the parents for the careless actions of the school.
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

I don't agree with this. If parent's want their kids tracked then they should pay for it themselves. Its a waste of State services. We don't have unlimited funds. 

I do understand your position PPP38.
However, given the amount of money the US gives away each year in foreign aid, that argument waxes a tad weak.

I should think that this kind of expenditure, for those who desire it, but are not able to afford it, should be provided.

Can someone please embed the pic from the link below? It gives an easy to understand overview of what the US 'gives' away to other countries. Meanwhile our old people and kids have to beg for crumbs.

$37,680,000,000- That's How Much the US Spends on Foreign Aid

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 9:33am
This is not okay...

You put a chip in a dog in case they get lost and can't find their way home...

You put a child in a school's care and suddenly chips are needed because of the school's negligence?

This law is terrible and this country is crooked af. Autistic children aren't animals.
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:02am
Ummm, there are tracking devices in [newer] passports.  Now every international traveler is an animal??  Sound logic...ladies

I don't think anyone is suggesting tracking devices take the place of being responsible, at least I'm not.  But I've worked with an autistic child and have seen first hand how hard it is for a parent with another child.  My sister worked at a school where she had 4 severely autistic sisters (quadruplets) in her class (idk how it happened, didn't ask because its not my business).  These parents may already be paying for assistance, but all it takes is taking your eyes off ONE child for a second.  Schools should be able to afford the extra help to care for these kids, it's the parents I think would benefit from the devices the most.  

Let me reiterate, I AM NOT suggesting tracking devices take the place of being responsible!

Edited by Ms_Kudos - Jan 27 2014 at 10:09am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:12am
When I told people that I had those kids leashes at Sesame place people thought I was insane. I rolled my eyes and kept walking cos I knew my kids will not be on the 6 o'clock news floating at the deep end of a pool. Accidents happen all the time. My mama always says prevention is better than cure.  

Yes put a chip in all my kids and let me log online and monitor there where abouts when I'm not around. You put so much trust in schools that something like this happens and the poor boy is dismembered floating on some river with no explanation. The school is responsible but they didn't carry your child for 9 months. Kids are very curious and just go about. His case was extreme. He was Autistic and study show Autistic kids are highly unpredictable. 

Edited by sugabanana - Jan 27 2014 at 10:13am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System