Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedGood Hair Products?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DiamondDawnn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Hair Products?
    Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 11:15pm

Okay, So I have a bad problem with buying hair products! I go to places like walmart, target, Cvs, etc. and I admit some products work but not all, which is like wasting money. I wanted to know what are some of the products you girls/guys use for your hair! Please help me! I am tired of wasting money on products that do not work for me!

Sponsored Links

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 8:56pm
I noticed several ppl reviewed but didn't respond... rude! lol. I know these chicks know what is and isn't working for them. So I'll share what I use that works for me... because honestly I don't drop the big dough on hair products either and shop the same places you do! You just can't get tied in by a lot of the 'curl products' made by the straight hair companies.

And I honestly mix a lot of products. I condition and deep condition with Organics Hair mayonnaise (the 4-5 dollar one... not the 10 dollar one... but if it's more expensive it might work better... but I'm not willing to spend it lol)

eextra virgin olive oil (not a hair product, the cooking oil)... you can get it at any grocery store... i buy the cheapest kind available.. It's great for shine and detangling and for me... it made my texture magically so much easier to tame... and softer.

I use Doo grow mega thick growth oil. It really helps my curls define for some reason (olive oil, too) and I did notice growth.

Castor oil is great if you need thickness ( i buy the kind that has some petroleum in it, some ppl think it's bad... but it's a good sealing agent, still uses the thickening help of the castor oil itself, and is a nice thick paste so it works like a pomade that replaces gel and jam type products that can be more harmful).

When I'm doing styling or co-washing that doesn't involve water for reasons (pressed for time, or not wanting to wet it) I use infusium 23 mixed with any of the above products.... it smells absolutely lovely and we use it on our horses at my barn that don't have lovely tails and it really helps soften their texture and make it so manageable.

And jojoba oil, argon oil, vitamin e oil (expensive) never hurt anybody!! Lovely products for moisture and shine

a lot of ppl spray with aloe vera water/juice to infuse moisture

And depending on your hair type.... my mom has really loved Cantu Shea leave in conditioner... it smells so good and really makes the hair shine and be manageable.

Lot of information. Sorry but I thought I'd share what hasn't been shared on here yet! lol... Hope it helps. But if you can't afford to haul all of that at once... to start you out I would stick with olive oil, cantu shea, and castor oil backed with any ol low sulfate shampoo and conditioner. Hope this helps :)
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2011 at 11:12am
Honestly I keep it simple.  For shampoo I use either Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative shampoo or Kinky Curly Come Clean for clarifying.  Conditioning: it varies.  I am using what I have in my stash.  But mainly Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Masque or the Conditioner in the bottle.  For detangling properties, I use Yes to Carrots Masque.  A leave in I use is Taliah Waajid Black Earth Protective Mist Bodifier.  Moisturizer, again it varies since I am using in what I have in my stash.  But it varies from the Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus line, Oyin Handmade Gregs Juice, Hair Dew, and Whipped Butter.  I don't have a clear favorite at the moment but once I finish up what I have, I will update that list.

I do conditioner washes a lot since I work out and the only co wash I use is Aussie Moist conditioner.  Love it!
hair.days View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 9:25pm
i shop at beauty supplie store for stuff especially for curly hair with lots of moisture Wink
obiisASTARxx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 6:35pm
Yes I think this is best, always just going Natural is the best bet
hairfashion View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 12:53am
SmileMy hair is straight naturally,except it is a little thin.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 1:08pm
None of these comments have anything to do with the topic. Go post in "random hair thoughts" or "random thoughts" if you're off topic. She wanted some advice... can't give it... don't post.
hair.days View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 1:13pm
LOLOLOPOLL;OOL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 1:16pm
i mean really... what's with this random ish lol. Nobody in here is chit chatting... so why would chit chat all the sudden become relevant. We have threads where everyone pals around and talks back and forth. That's not going on in here... it's just a quick advice thing
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 12:03am
Naw, the only thing that works for me is 
all natural shampoos & conditioners (Oyinhandmade is a good one).
Use the conditioner as a leave in.
Use Wild Growth Oil as a sealant.
Use Redken Extreme Anti-snap to stop breakage.
Use Diva Smooth as a deep conditioner (Diva Smooth + a good deep conditioner also good).

This is the only thing that has stopped my breakage! Along with my home made growth serum (sulfur + garlic in aloe vera + castor oil).
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic