Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Makeup Tips
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good foundation for brown skin w/ yellow undertone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good foundation for brown skin w/ yellow undertone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good foundation for brown skin w/ yellow undertone
    Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:21pm
I went to Mac recently for a foundation and the guy recommended Face and body in N9. In the store under the lighting it seems to fit me. When I played around it at home it seem to not to be my match and a little too red. I know that my undertones are yellow. Been told by many and I know my undertone. I read they have a C9, but I'm done with MAC, their foundations don't do right by me. Any recommendations? TIA
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:39pm
Bobby Brown
Estee Lauder
Clinique
Lancome
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 11:02pm
You may also want to look at Nars and Iman.
morenaloca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 11:07pm
MUFE, NARS, Black Opal, Iman, Perscriptives, Cover FX
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

You may also want to look at Nars and Iman.
I forgot about Iman.  If you have oily skin, make sure you ue a primer first and set the foundation with powder.  Iman makes my face shiney after only a few hours and it also tranfers.
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 6:30am
Thanks, I forgot about Nars. 
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 10:47am
Bobby Brown

Less expensive ... Black Opal in Totally Topaz, and
or Revlon Colorstay in Caramel
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 1:21am
Black opal is really good I use truly topaz or nutmeg (depending on the season)
DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkestBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 10:29am
Omg we have to same complexion issue. I tried Bobby Brown but it was too yellow I was told you have to mixed the two closest shades to get your complexion and for the price I'll pass. Anywho I been using Make Up Forever Matte Velvet 75 and Studio Fix Finish NW 48 and that was after I tried the MUFE 177 Chestnut HD that was making my face super oily. I find that all these brands make me too yellow are too red ugh. I was looking at Black Up which is new to the US but known in Europe and Africa. Oh yeah AJ Crimson too!! I cant forget Lacome. Let me know what you find that works for you I'm looking for perfection I'm a make up junkie. And is there anyway you can upload a pic so I can see  your undertone? Sometimes I think Im olive but whatever this color match is freaking crazy. And I had the same thing happen to me in the store. You should always ask for a sample that can last at least two days.  
DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkestBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 10:39am
Oh and I was lookin on Youtube and to get the best match you have to go outside put the base color on your neck and for your undertone color place it on your inner forearm to match perfectly. I hope this works havent tried it yet
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>