Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Going Out with Friends/the Check

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:35am
Well we have one set of friends who are very generous so we usually end up fighting over who is going to pay for the entire check.  When it's  a different set of friends I prefer to split evenly unless someone in the group is a complete moocher then you pay for what you ordered.
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:36am
I have a gf who can't add, hasnt ran to the atm or always like I only have twenties, well bish you better ask for change. I do not like lunching with her Confused and now when we meet I get there early and already order so when she shows up they already have a new tab waiting on her trifling azz. 

After that Ruth Chris Fiasco , never again .

Bish always want 2 glasses of $25 Merlot then wanna split it in half, nope I had one martini and it wasnt no $25. 

Edited by Princess Grace - Apr 07 2014 at 10:37am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:36am
Depends on the fiends and family. If they're close enough, I'm more apt to just pick up the tab. Otherwise, slip me the bill for exactly what I ordered. I've also had people ante up cash to me and I put the whole thing on my card-- I don't carry cash and they were sweet enough to do that.

Hmmm-- I wouldn't be opposed to splitting evenly, it's just never come up.

And:
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i hate splitting checks based on what u ordered. we're pulling out calculators? that extra $10 is gonna hurt that bad? if so--you can't eat with us. good day.
this.  i think its so embarrassing when people haggle at the table.
Alla this. I'll pick up a tab just to avoid this kind of embarrassing foolishness.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

When you go to dinner with friends or family, do you prefer to:

a) split the check evenly, no matter what you ordered

b) split the check according to what you ordered

c) pay for everyone and next time you go out someone else picks up the bill

d) other, explain
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:38am
Either A or C, depending on who I'm with.

If I'm with my children, pay for everything with no expectation that they'll pick up the next check. If I'm with my sibs, then we rotate. If I'm with close friends, we either rotate or split checks evenly.

Edited by BeatriceBean - Apr 07 2014 at 10:41am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I have a gf who can't add, hasnt ran to the atm or always like I only have twenties, well bish you better ask for change. I do not like lunching with her Confused and now when we meet I get there early and already order so when she shows up they already have a new tab waiting on her trifling azz. 

After that Ruth Chris Fiasco , never again .

Bish always want 2 glasses of $25 Merlot then wanna split it in half, nope I had one martini and it wasnt no $25. 

OMG the I don't have cash friend.....we all know that bishLOL

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:39am
If its fam one person usually oays it all off, but i do separate checks. Not oaying for your alcohol, appetizers and dessert. that
funkydiva2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkydiva2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:40am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

When you go to dinner with friends or family, do you prefer to:

a) split the check evenly, no matter what you ordered

b) split the check according to what you ordered

c) pay for everyone and next time you go out someone else picks up the bill

d) other, explain

I prefer to do "A" above.
It kind of embarresses me when ppl take out the calculator and try and account for every nickle and dime.  In most cases, I may end up paying maybe $10-$15 more which is worth avoiding the hassle of saying" hey didn't you order 2 drinks, or policing or keeping tabs on others".  For my group of friends it just works out better for us.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:41am
C... whoever pays doesn't tip.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

Well we have one set of friends who are very generous so we usually end up fighting over who is going to pay for the entire check.  When it's  a different set of friends I prefer to split evenly unless someone in the group is a complete moocher then you pay for what you ordered.

yesss omg... one set with their calculators, the other either pay the whole thing or split down the middle. Smh @ tweaking your order depending on your company. sometimes I feel like just appetizers so the bill is extra long... they start hyperventilating and sh*t... I got it, calm down
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic