Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Going on my first cruise! Help me! *long rambling*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Going on my first cruise! Help me! *long rambling*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 11:44pm
I think you should bring about $500 too... I wouldn't charge anything much to the room. 

Grand Cayman Islands are more expensive and developed than Jamaica. But Jamaica is more fun. IMO

Settle your room tab before the last night/morning of the cruise or the lines will be ridiculous. 

You don't need your passport if you are leaving from the US and returning through a US port, however, a passport is just easier.

Bring lots of light weight and versatile clothing items, you'll probably get lots of things wet/sandy. 

Barter with the people on the islands... Dnt believe them when they tell you they made something themselves... you'll see pretty much the same things in all of their shops, so shop around. 

Go with either braids or twists... HAVE FUN!!
Sponsored Links

Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 12:34am
Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

I think you should bring about $500 too... I wouldn't charge anything much to the room. 

Grand Cayman Islands are more expensive and developed than Jamaica. But Jamaica is more fun. IMO

Settle your room tab before the last night/morning of the cruise or the lines will be ridiculous. 

You don't need your passport if you are leaving from the US and returning through a US port, however, a passport is just easier.

Bring lots of light weight and versatile clothing items, you'll probably get lots of things wet/sandy. 

Barter with the people on the islands... Dnt believe them when they tell you they made something themselves... you'll see pretty much the same things in all of their shops, so shop around. 

They do make the stuff themselves.
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

They do make the stuff themselves.

I'm not saying they aren't handmade... I just dnt think that each shop owner is making all of their own merchandise...
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 8:42pm
I've decided on mini twist for the trip. Smile

That way I'll only need to bring the bare minimum as it comes to hair products.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 8:56pm
Carnival sucked for me, but it's your first cruise so it might be great.
Have fun. Don't stay in the room because you should be having fun.
The last day you might get sea sick

I never took a bunch of cash because it's2013 and most countries have atm's, even the third world.

Food is free, drinks are not.

Make sure if you are using your bank card, you notify your bank before travel that you will be out of the country.

Choose second seating for dining. Take as many pics as you can. You don't have to buy them.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 8:59pm
Sometimes it's cheaper to do the excursions with the locals, opposed to the ship. 
2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:22am
If you don't want to peruse through all my mental throw-up I recommend you only read the bold parts.

I'm going on my first cruise in June. I'm uber excited but I don't know how to get ready. We're going on a Caribbean Carnival 5 day cruise that makes a stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.

What should I expect? 

Money:

I don't have to pay for the actual cruise. (covered by a friend cause my birthday is in June) But I don't know how much spending money I'll need to bring with me. How much do yall usually bring on cruises? I do want to do an excursion or two but I don't wanna do anything that is gonna cost an arm and a leg (college student). Yall have any tips on what to do in these particular cities while we are at port?

I just came from a cruise to the bahamas. I only bought $250-300 of which was not all spent since I was only there for three days.  My friends and I decided to do one excursion because the prices were ridiculous. However, I found that the locals offered cheaper prices for the excursions. I guess its better safe than sorry though. Never know what can happen if you go with the local folk..  Also my friends and I didnt know this, but carnival adds the tipping fee to your account (sailing card) for everyday. About $30 (tipping fee) was deducted for the three days that we were there. We asked for the option of them cancelling that and allowing us to tip with our cash instead. Make sure you ask for this if you prefer to tip with cash.

What to bring:

What do yall recommend I bring with me that I wouldn't normally bring on a road trip? This is also my first time out of the country (U.S.) so I'm really at a lost.

My friends and I bought our passport with us as a form of additional id and it was also required to enter the ship. In addition, bring motion sickness meds with you. Luckily, my friend had some with her as I started to get sea sick. You might want to bring a cardigan and pants to wear to the airport. I was freezing on the plane.There were also times in which it was a bit chilly to me in different areas of the ship.
Lastly, bring spending money in case there are no available ATMs.

Hair:

How do you recommend I do my hair for the trip?

I wore senegalese twists... Braids or twists are perfect for the humidity.

Overall I had a good time but was not crazy about the Bahamas.. We explored Atlantis and the beach. The beach surprisingly was not that clean and the tour of Atlantis was okay. Wasnt too impressed with Carnival. Next time, I want to book with Royal Caribbean..  I heard that cruise to Jamaica is the best, so you probably will have a great time.

Edited by 2cute - Apr 24 2013 at 12:37am
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 4:43am
My first cruise was with Carnival and I loved it! But it was my first one. I'm going this summer with Royal Caribbean, and the people I'm going with (my church) are hyping me up for it.

TIPPING- Your friend might be taking care of this for you, but I think that the cruise charges a gratuity every night for their crew members. We went through a travel agency, so it was included in the price, but I don't think it is usually. Of course, you can tip whenever, but I just wanted you to be aware so that you won't be tipping them the whole time and then feel some type of way when they take more tips out. 

Hair- I wore a Wet n Wavy weave. I HIGHLY regretted having leave out. Good luck with the mini twists!

Attire- I brought a lot of summery dresses, but be sure to bring fancy dresses as well because dinner is formal, especially the Captain's Ball (I think that's what it's called). 

Tips- Girl get it right and get it tight! Ur going to want to eat till u drop, so get a little bit under ur current weight, so when you come back you are back to normal lol. Take at least $200, but more is of course ideal. I brought like $160 and had a ball. I spent all my money at the ports. (Leave room in your Luggage for souvenirs!). The cruise will ask for a card to put a $200 hold on, like the incidentals hold at a hotel.

Enjoy yourself! I'm going to Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico in August. :D
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style