Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
cclark1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going all natural
    Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 8:28pm
Girls I'm seriously thinking of going all natural. Can you girls who have lived through the process share your experience with this? How long did it take you? Were you getting help from a professional stylist? Are you happier now with your hair?
Sponsored Links

mackmeri122 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 8:41pm
are you bcing (big chopping)or transitioning(gradually cutting off the relaxed ends as the hair grows)?

Personally I BC, went to a hair stylist for the cut and haven't stepped foot in a salon since. I take care of my own hair with the help of bhm, naturallycurly, and lhcf. I love my hair now, rocking my fro. Being able to wash and go. I love coloring my hair, so it's not being double processed.

You may want to try the natural section.
BiggHair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 10:04pm
Hello,
I went natural by transitioning.  I wore braids and puffs toward the end of my eleven month transition.  I did my own mini chops and learned a lot through reading on nappturality.com.  I am sooooo glad that I went natural and have never had a stylist touch my hair since I had the last set of micros.  Good luck with your decision.Smile
yassy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 10:31pm
I shaved it off, as a matter of fact today is my 3 year nappiversary. All my hair was just falling out and I was just depressed and desperate so I got my husbands clippers and shaved it off. 3 years later I am 2 inches away from waistlength stretched. I never went to a salon and I am very happy with my hair. i never use heat and i NEVER TRIM but my ends are thick and full but what works for me dont work for everybody! So good luck and I can tell ya its one of the best decisions I have made!Thumbs%20Up
naturalprincess View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2007 at 9:04am
Yassy, i think that Britney copied you!

I tried to transition twice - once last year and successfully this year. I realised that the best way to deal with it was to transition as much as you can and then CHOP when you get the urge to relax.

My last texturizer was in March and I chopped off all the chemically treated hair on 1st September. I had it in kinky twists quite a bit, say every two months or so. And then wore a wig for a month after I chopped. I got it pressed on Friday just gone and I can already pull it all into a band at the back of my head! It's amazing how much it's grown in that space of time. But I don't think that i'll press it again though - I just wanted to see the length.

I am extremely happy now, but I must admit that I had a real hard time after the chop. It's takes real dedication, you need to ensure that it's something that you wanna do. x

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2007 at 9:51am
I'm not all natural yet but I can tell you unless you have a really open minded stylist, you might be in this alone outside of this board.  It's best not to tell people because you might get alot of negativity.  Stick with protective styles, especially when you get alot of new growth and if you haven't tried co-washing nows a good time to start.
HairTrick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2007 at 11:26am

I transitioned with braids and my scalp is soooo much healthier without the chemicals.  I only use a stylist when I want to wear a press and curl.  Other than that, I keep it covered wiff a lace front untill I get to full Jill Scott mode...hahaaha

sweet_ambrosia View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2007 at 2:01pm

I transitioned for 2 years. I trimmed my hair every so often instead of opting towards the BC, I didn't lose any major length this way which made my transition to natural easier. I wore lots of buns, braidouts, twistouts, french rolls etc...basically lots of protective/low maintenance styles. I didn't go to any stylist since I already knew how to take care of my hair before my transition and during my transition. I'm satisfied with my hair, it's growing well, it's healthy and I love my natural texture, no complaints here. Smile

Check out these links for more info and tips about transitioning to natural: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=72400
MissRoseClarity View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 10:40pm
I big chopped in April this year, and it's been great.  Never going back.  As long as you are comfortable sporting natural styles, you'll be able to keep your hair properly conditioned and moisturized and it'll grow FAST!  But if you need to straighten more than once or twice a month, try transitioning.
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 5:51am
I chopped all my hair off three times and went back to relaxing twice.  I did it at home, and I take care of my own hair.  I'm currently natural and loving it!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic