Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Going abroad need help

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dopeski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dopeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going abroad need help
    Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:11am
Hi all,

I am about to study abroad in italy for four months and going through a hair crisis. I plan on getting a full weave but do not know what hair I should get. I have been a loyal wagmans wearer since I started ordering online. I love the hair but it is extremely expensive for my budget right now. I wanted to try Brazilian hair since that seems like the go to thing now and it supposedly blends better than Indian. I am a little nervous about ordering brazilian since it seems like no companies are actually getting consistently good reviews except QHP and seeing as I am going to a country where I can't get my weave easily fixed if it starts acting up. I am afraid of how long the shipping might take for QHP since it is the holidays and my install is scheduled jan 5th. So my questions to you guys are:

What exactly is Brazilian Hair? (As in is it coming straight from brazil or is it just processed hair)
If I were to order Brazilian, what AV would you recommend?
Should I not take the risk and stick with what I know (wagmans) and bite the bullet when it comes to price?
Has anyone been to Italy (specifically Florence) and know of any salons that does black hair/weaves?

I know that's a lot but thanks in advance ladies.
Sponsored Links

keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:24am
Brazilian hair is just processed Chinese or Indian. They just give it that name so it can sell. Stick with what u know. I doubt you will get hair in time with the holidays plus u dont have time to experiment.
Bristal Birita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristal Birita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:46am
If I were you I wouldnt experiment with new hair now...
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:56am
I would say that you go with Wagmans or Virgincurl.com. I have had my Virgin curl hair for almost 3 years with NO problems. HOWEVER, when I bought it I spent around $400 for 10oz...now the prices have raised significantly. Is wearing your real hair not a possibility or maybe purchasing some falls or wigs. One thing I strongly suggest is that you stock up on hair care products in the states because the mark up is high abroad and not as readily available.
Miss Ladybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Ladybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:37am
Maybe get your hair braided & take a couple of u part or lace front wigs
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

I would say that you go with Wagmans or Virgincurl.com. I have had my Virgin curl hair for almost 3 years with NO problems. HOWEVER, when I bought it I spent around $400 for 10oz...now the prices have raised significantly. Is wearing your real hair not a possibility or maybe purchasing some falls or wigs. One thing I strongly suggest is that you stock up on hair care products in the states because the mark up is high abroad and not as readily available.

All of this!
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:50pm
Since its just 4 months I would definitely go with what you know and have a emergency back up U Part or clips in just in case your sew in gets a little 'tired'.

As for products bring anything essential - anything else you can get of eBay/local store.
dopeski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dopeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:55pm
Thanks ladies... This is so helpful! I decided to go with my wags...it was expensive as hell but I couldn't risk that tore up look lol. I'm also going to learn how to tighten my weave just in case! I'm currently in an odd transitioning state and I don't want to deal with my temperamentally hair in a foreign country.
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:30pm
glad that you stuck with the tried & true wagman hair. enjoy your trip!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic