Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > My Experiences
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

God WILL Allow More Than You Can Bear (Alone)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
abbasjewel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbasjewel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: God WILL Allow More Than You Can Bear (Alone)
    Posted: Jul 01 2010 at 10:58am

God WILL Allow More Than You Can Bear (Alone)

By Ron Edmondson on Sunday, March 15th, 2009

I occasionally like to correct a myth I have heard all my life. How many times has someone said to you, "God will never put more trials on you than you can bear"? I challenge you to show me that in the Bible.  The problem I have with this myth is that it keeps so many believers wondering why they canít handle their problems, falsely believing they should be able to, because someone once told them the lie that God would not put more on them than they could.

Yes, we do have the promise that we will not be "tempted beyond what you can bear" (1 Corinthians 10:13), but you need to understand what that verse is saying. It says that God will not allow Satan to bring temptation, or enticement to sin, into your life that is too much for you to say no to it. When you are tempted to sin, God will make a way for you to resist it. That is because He wants you to live holy, just as Christ who calls you is holy.

Consistently, throughout the Bible, I read where at times God allowed more trials, more pressure, than His children could bear. Elijah, the powerful prophet of God who held back the rain had a time when the trial must have been bigger than his ability to handle it.  Consider this

verse: "The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, "Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you." (1 Kings 19:7)  Once when Paul wrote to the people at Corinth (2 Corinthians 1:8), he told them they faced trials "far beyond our ability to endure". David, the great war hero and man after Godís own heart, told the Lord that "troubles without number surround me"

and "and I cannot see". He couldnít see clearly, because he was overwhelmed with the storms of life! Another time David said "Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck."( Oh how I identify with David there!)  Jehoshaphat prayed, "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you."  (2 Chronicles 20:12)  It sounds like he was facing more than he could handle on his own.

Are there times when God allows more troubles in your life than you can bear? Absolutely! Positively! If you can accept my testimony as an example, let me tell you that sometimes life throws more at me than I can handle, at least more than I can handle alone. The reason God allows you and I to experience times when we are consumed by trials, when they are bigger than our own strength can handle, is so that we have no where else to turn, except towards Him. We are faced with one solution, and that we realize Christ is our only hope!

After Paul wrote that his trial was bigger than his ability to endure, he offers an explanation. "But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead." (2 Corinthians 1:9) He recognized that this overwhelming time of trouble, that he couldnít handle alone, had caused him to focus more on the power of God, and allow God to work His perfect will.

Are you being challenged beyond your ability to endure? Donít believe that you can do it alone! You canít! Jesus said, "apart from me you can do nothing!" Did you get that point? Nothing! Donít try anything today without relying on the power of God! He knows your weak, but He is available to help, if you will call upon Him! When we are at our weakest, He is strong!

Sponsored Links

lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2010 at 7:54pm
Amen, amen!
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2010 at 10:19pm
Amen, I agree.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by abbasjewel abbasjewel wrote:

The reason God allows you and I to experience times when we are consumed by trials, when they are bigger than our own strength can handle, is so that we have no where else to turn, except towards Him. We are faced with one solution, and that we realize Christ is our only hope!

DeadSorry but I totally disagree with this. It makes God sound like a selfish, vain and mean being who just wants everyone to look and seek Him all the time!
The reason why we can't handle our problems is because we are consumed with worry, which causes our judgement to be clouded and we can't find a solution that way. And some of us make our problems seem bigger than they really are.
Physiqque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Physiqque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 8:21pm
In the Old Testament, God shows how he is selfish, vain, mean, punishing, proud, vindictive and angry. I don't care if you're a believer or not (I'm a believer in Him too), but that's evident in the first half of the bible. He only softens up once He becomes a Father (Jesus).
Physiqque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Physiqque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 8:25pm
And OP, that "Christ is our only hope" I understand that. Nothing can be done without God. It's either His way or the highway, *chuckles* highway's ironic to me now...
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 10:35pm
I haven't read the Old Testament, just a tiny bit but it was quite saddening (I stopped in the part where some tribe was going hungry so they chose to became slaves of the other tribe or whatever it was called).

Once I read it fully I can have an opinion on that, but I read the whole New Testament and some things in there also made God sound mean when they would say for example that God would punish people and stuff, I found that contradicted the parts where it says God is love.

I think the bible was modified here and there so the humble, ignorant and uneducated people would be so afraid of God that all they could focus on was not piss Him off and with that they would not pay attention to the bad things happening around, and let the kings/priests/pope be richer and take total control of them.

Edited by sexyandfamous - May 12 2014 at 10:36pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply