Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: God is really changing me---LONG
    Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 9:25am
I have had a relationship with the Lord for years and I have been a constant work in progress.  I have been submitting more and more as I am able to do so.  Well God is changing me in ways that I am seeing and I am so glad because of it.

I don't know if you all know but I am doing several challenges here to better myself.  My initial reason was because I wanted to show my haterz (and other people who had tried to kill my spirit ) that I was really a diamond.   My theory was that once I was successful in all areas that they would all look at me like "dang she is all that, why did I ever cross her?"  Then in my little plot, they would all want to get on board and I would be like, NO.

Well this weekend I was cleaning up my house and iron clothes and just getting my house cleaned so I could get ready to work out. Then it hit me.  I want to better myself for myself and so that I can be the person that God created me to be.  Not out of revenge or out of spite.  I actually want to do better in the eyes of God because i realize that I haven't always kept myself the way God would have wanted me to be.  This was a breakthrough moment for me.  It was like God was talking to me and saying "do it for yourself." 

Anyway the next thing that happened is that my coparent has absolutely o respect for others and the way he talks when he gets on the phone often leads to him hearing the dial tone.  So when he brought my son home last night, he threw two beer bottles in my yard.  I didn't know until this morning when I was about to take my son to school. 

For one, I've told him don't drink AT ALL when he is driving my child so I was EXTRA heated.  I had it all lined up what I wanted to say to him and I am not proud to say but it probably would have involved some "bad" words.  Very bad.  So I called him---twice but when he called back it was like I couldn't even curse at him or say any of the things that were on my  mind.  I just explained to him not to do that again.    When I got out of my car I saw a rainbow in the sky---That was God who held my  tongue and made me keep my cool because I was boiling mad on the inside. 

I am so thankful to God and to all of you who wonder how he can really work in your lives, I am a living example.

The old me would have been cussing, threatening, and acting a fool.  The new me has grown. The old me would be working out and bettering myself just so that I could wear something tight and hoochified around certain people just to make them look at me.  But now I want to loose weight for my health and so that I can live a longer life with my kids and do whatever it is that God put me on this earth to do.  The old me would be trying to get a flossable fly career so that people would want to suck up to me.  The new me wants to set a precedence for my future generations so that they don't have to struggle and wonder where the rent is coming from.  The old me is dead.  The new me is filled with happiness that only God can give.

I am still a work in progress.  I will only get better and better and I will still have struggles with my flesh because I am human.  But I am now in the hands of God by choice and not out of guilt and not because I want something from God.  I know that I don't have to want for anything because God has already promised me so much.

editing: This song is really for me now and I would like to dedicate it to you guys.

Edited by Janoviab - Oct 22 2007 at 9:38am
Sponsored Links

Aunatural77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 9:41am
Great testimony J!!!!!!!  I am glad that you shared it with us, and may it become an inspiration for others.

In Christ, KIMMClapHeart
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 9:43am
Wow Janoviab, this is a very good testimony in deed. I too am noticing how the Lord is changing me from how I use to be. Perfect example is when dealing with my younger brother who's 18 years old.  Of course he's at that rebellious stage so I use to get upset with him and yell when he did something that was unacceptable.  Now, the Lord has worked on my attitude and tongue when dealing with him.  So instead of fussing at him about doing things now, my tone has become calmer and demeanor is more patient. Now I wait until I calm down and then I approach him about whatever it is that's troubling me.

I too use to feel the same way about the working out part, I use to work out so I could look good in my clothes.  Now, I'm working out for overall health, now the looking good part is just an added bonus Smile.

The Lord is truly amazing!!!!

Good post!!Smile
abbasjewel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 9:56am

Clap Praise Clap God. Clap Thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony. I needed that. It was real - and I was feeling it; and thanks for sharing the song too. I'm going to download it into my Ipod. God bless everybody.

aka_tiffanyat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 11:30am
Excellent Testimony!!  Thanks for sharing.  You know, as Christians, we want "haters" to look at us and wonder what it is that has us smiling, looking and feeling our best.  Then we can tell them all to jump on the bandwagon and get some of what we've got!  This is how children of the MOST HIGH live.  We are all beautiful inside and out.

I want people to look at me and notice a change.  That will open up a window that I am itching to tell about.  Deliverance, healing, blessings, protection...my Father is awesome!  In the name of Jesus!  Amen.

Sistely,
-t~
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 11:36am
Originally posted by aka_tiffanyat aka_tiffanyat wrote:

Excellent Testimony!!  Thanks for sharing.  You know, as Christians, we want "haters" to look at us and wonder what it is that has us smiling, looking and feeling our best.  Then we can tell them all to jump on the bandwagon and get some of what we've got!  This is how children of the MOST HIGH live.  We are all beautiful inside and out.

I want people to look at me and notice a change.  That will open up a window that I am itching to tell about.  Deliverance, healing, blessings, protection...my Father is awesome!  In the name of Jesus!  Amen.

Sistely,
-t~

That is so true.  I can look at it like tha now but before I was more like "nah nah nah nah boo boo.  Look at me!"  I never gave any glory to God when I was my old self.  My old self was a selfish heffer.
aka_tiffanyat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 2:23pm
Well, I can speak for myself when I say that my old self was a........., well I'll just say she was something else.  Wink

Thank God we are not those people anymore.  Any man be in Christ, he is a new Creature.  Old things pass away, behold all new things come!!!  2 Corinthians 5:17

That's what's up!!!
Aunatural77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by aka_tiffanyat aka_tiffanyat wrote:

Well, I can speak for myself when I say that my old self was a........., well I'll just say she was something else.  Wink

Thank God we are not those people anymore.  Any man be in Christ, he is a new Creature.  Old things pass away, behold all new things come!!!  2 Corinthians 5:17

That's what's up!!!

Clap
demeritte View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 5:40pm
Congratulations and keep on pressing on toward the mark for the prize of the high calling which is in Jesus Christ.  God is proud of you and he loves you!

Praise Jehovah!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic