Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GNC Ultra NourishHair vs. GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedGNC Ultra NourishHair vs. GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: GNC Ultra NourishHair vs. GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails
    Posted: Aug 03 2006 at 10:02pm
I bought some GNC NourishHair today, but I almost bought the Hair, Skin & Nails formula.  Does anyone use the HS&N?  It has more than double the amount of biotin than NourishHair - 2500mcg to 1200mcg and more Vitamins A, D, C, and E.  However, NourishHair had more MSM.  It had 500mg and HS&N had 100mg.  Has anyone tried both formulas?  Were there differences in your hair growth?  I went with NourishHair because I wanted the higher dosage of MSM, but now I'm thinking I should have gone with the higher dosage of biotin.  Sigh!  Buyer's remorse..... Confused
Sponsored Links

Freshlikemoi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2006 at 7:57am
I love the HS&N, my hair almost sprouted out the roots!! But yea, I was thinking about buying ultranourish hair just to switch it up...But if it ain't broke.............don't try and fix it!! SO now I think I'm just gonna re-up on some more HS&N o0o and i also use horsetail pills too.

HTH

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2006 at 8:01am
I think I'm going to take this bottle of NourishHair and then try the HS&N.  I'll just supplement it with my usual dose of MSM.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 9:34am
Ugh!  Those UltraNourish Hair vitamins make me SOOOO nauseous!! Dead  Maybe I need to split the dosage and take one in morning and one in the evening?  Doing it all at once definitely does not sit well with my stomach.
chai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 9:57am
Did you take them with food?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 10:12am
Originally posted by chai chai wrote:

Did you take them with food?

I will from now on!  I usually take my supplements while I'm drinking my coffee and making my breakfast, but I see that these supplements are different from my usual prenatal vitamin.  They are much stronger and I can  "feel" it start to work the moment I swallow it. Even with food, I will probably still need to split the dose.  I didn't feel to bad yesterday when I took them after an usually high fat breakfast (Egg McMuffin and a hash brown), but today, I ate a banana and took the NourishHair.  Within five minutes, the nausea set in.  Then I ate a piece of toast with peanut butter.  The banana/peanut butter toast is my usual type of breakfast so I'll probably split the dosage so that I don't have to stop taking them.
DrewFlow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 1:30pm
I went to the GNC store the other day and couldn't decide on which one. But now, I think I'm going to try the HS&N.
sweet_nitengale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 4:59pm

So, is that what's been making me nauseous lately?!?! I purposely take mine at night so those effects don't happen, but maybe that aint working for me!

Carolina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 6:04pm

I used to use HS&N and then ran out and bought Ultranourishair which I have been using since now. I loved the results from both of them and have decided to reap the benefits of both (as their ingredients vary somewhat) and use them together . I asked GNC about this and they said it was absolutely fine to do so. Take  one Ultranourishair and one HS&N tablet as a daily dosage, or alternate between them i.e. 2 Ultranourishair tablets one day and 2 HS&N the next day and so on.

HHG! Wink
qns1980 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 6:26pm
I WAS HAVING THAT PROBLEM SO NOW I TAKE ONE PILL WITH BREAKFAST AND THE OTHER WITH LUNCH, THIS SEEMS TO HELP.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic