Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Glueless question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NAYPOO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAYPOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glueless question
    Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:09pm
I have looked at multiple glue less options, especially on RPG show website, they all appear that the lace would still "flap" about in the front if not adhered down? Does anyone know of a true glue less unit that one could slide on like a hat and have it fit like a glove. I know I may not be making much sense, but this type of cap seems to be a figment of my imagination.   For you ladies that prefer glueless, what has been you experience and method for handling the lace around the front of the wig? And who has the best stocks. These units on RPG show are calling my name, I just don't want to make a $300 mistake.
Sponsored Links

ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:11pm
You can also use Tootsies method and that will give alittle more of a tighter fit, are you doing a custom unit? That usually is the best option because you can customize the measurements and fit and cap construction. Also another cap type is thin skin cap, however its mostly recommended for alopecia or women who are completely bald but the cap is a very snug fit. The thin skin wig is also not for warm climate areas but I was in a forum for women with hair loss and alot of them say they prefer the all thin skin cap because they didn't have to use glue. 
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 4:30pm
this is a good view of different cap constructions, in case you want to order a custom unit you can send in a pic to the vendor Smile
http://www.sassysecret.com/capconstruction-s/81.htm

Edited by ilovelife - Jan 28 2013 at 4:33pm
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:34pm
I'd love to see a glueluess cap that has a fit like some of the synthies out there.  The trick may be to order a slightly smaller size than for a FLW with adjustable straps at the nape.
NAYPOO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAYPOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 7:24am
thanks alot for the suggestions. I will look into sassy secrets. I keep reading mixed reviews on them, but I may take the plunge just to see. I just want something easy and non-complicated.
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 9:14am
Sorry I was just using their cap constructions as  a guide Smile

Edited by ilovelife - Jan 29 2013 at 9:22am
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 9:17am
I think the other poster meant to say that you should use the cap construction pictures from Sassy Secrets as a reference to send to a CV, not that you should order from them. Sassy Secrets is an overpriced AV I would suggest you order from a CV. There are many listed on the board if you need direction just PM, I can suggest some that I have used. Smile
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 10:25pm
Ms Lola has Glueless Wigs

Full Lace Glueless Cap w/Adjustable Back Strap:

Glueless Wigs have a Full Stretch Cap with Resilient Swiss lace around the front hairline

This design, made with a special stretch lace that hugs to your head so that it can be worn with little or no adhesive when the back strap is adjusted snuggly. Measurements must be accurate for an optimal fit. Full parting capabilities are possible. Hair can not be worn in a high ponytail, only a low ponytail  

arlenan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arlenan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:38am
I just received my second glueless full lace wig from RPGshow.  The first was a size 2 cap (a little large for me)and it fit fine.  I moved the combs, added two darts, and added a comb to the back.  The second is the size 1 Gabrielle Union style.  I added the elastic band (TMM) that I learned about on this board, moved the combs to fit closer to the edge of the lace in front of my ears, and added two comobs to the back and it fits great.  My stylist cut it today and had another stylist come and feel the texture of the hair.  She thought I had on a lace frontal and it was my hair in the back until I showed her the wig.  I wish I could get the same quality cheaper, but I have gone thorugh countless wigs and been disappointed.  Not to say that it couldn't happen with RPG show, but so far I am pleased.  My first wig is still holding up well after six months of daily wear and weekly washes.  I can't do a high ponytail, but I did not wear my hear in high ponys or buns before my big chop so this is ok with me.  I have the convenience of a weave, the ability to care for my hair properly, and never having to worry tha the wind has my tracks showing.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 6:51am
Ms. Lola wigs a suck, I purchased two wigs from her in the past and they did not fit properly and it tangles badly
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>