Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedGlue In Weaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jazzired View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 10:04pm
If it is necessary and it is something that you must do- I would say be very careful. 

1. Never ever take down your glue-in without first saturating each and every weft with oil. 

2.  Don't yank the weft from the hair.  The wefts should be seperated with no effort at all.  If you have any resistance- STOP and add more oil, massage and wait.

3.  Do not wash your hair with glued wefts.  (this will cause you problems depending on the shampoo you use.)

Edited by jazzired - Feb 16 2009 at 10:05pm
Sponsored Links

triplet1_3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 10:09pm
I wouldn't recomment it... the track may be able to be removed with oil but the glue may be hard to get out of your hair without ripping it out.
nikkibaby85 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 10:10pm
funny, my hair grows with glue in's as opposed to sew ins.  I only left my glue in's in for about a week and a half and I let them kinda slip out on its own.  And I never pulled them out, I always condition like crazy and use moisturizing shampoo during the first wash with the tracks still in. I scrub and scrub until the tracks loosen. I wash my hair with the tracks still in until the tracks literally slide out.  The glue slides out too with minimal shedding. 

With sew-ins, my hair seems to shed alot more after i remove my sew-ins.  But I will do nothingn but a sew-in if I'm wearing quality hair. HTH.
DetroitFinest View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 12:21am
Do a quick weave with a stocking cap if you must use glue.  I have had many glue in weaves and I have never experienced hair loss.  The key is removal. Make sure you hair is super slick with baby oil, conditioner, weave removal and take  your time.  Never yank, tug  or pull out the tracks.  They should just slide out. 
DIVA007 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 5:55am
I agree with the suggestion to use a cap and do a quick weave. This way you avoid putting glue on your hair or scalp.
contagioushair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 5:57am
Originally posted by gimmeMORE. gimmeMORE. wrote:

I didnt know glue ins were that bad!

It's not, it's the removal process, the amount of glue you use and the frequent use.  To reiterate what the last few members said, you have to be careful with the removal process. Sweat breaks down the glue mostly in the temple/hairline area and many ladies just re-glue this part because the install is still fresh.  This causes excess glue build up in the most fragile/thinnest part of your head and when you comb the glue out, your hair will come out with it.

I have seen some ugly damage with glue in weaves but at the same time, I have seen hair thrive with the install.  I would suggest the cap weave if at all possible and use some type of protectant with it (neck strips, end wraps, shower cap) because the cap alone will not protect your hair from the glue.  This will usually turn into a removable stocking cap weave (wig) but it's better health wise for your hair.

HTH

Edited by contagioushair - Feb 17 2009 at 5:59am
Puddy34 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 7:40am
Don't use the glue on your hair.  If you need a quick alternative weave for cheap, why don't you just get a quick weave/half wig or something?  They work great and look nice too.  They also protect your tresses from stress.  I rock half wigs all the time when I am pressed for cash and need my hair done.  Try it.  They work.Sleepy
jamaicangurl100 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 7:57am
Originally posted by gimmeMORE. gimmeMORE. wrote:

The cost of sewins is too much for me right now. Unless I can find a sew in for cheap or at least do partial sew ins Imma be stuck.  I didnt know glue ins were that bad!

Can you cornrow? Have you thought about maybe practicing to do your own. they have a lot of tutorials on you tube? If you wants some let me know and I will post them.
sweetcakemt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 8:17am

Glue rips your hair out.  It dries your hair out and the your install will last about 2 weeks, three weeks top, if you don't work out.  If you do work out, your glue will get really sticky!

DON'T put glue near your hairline.....it reeks havoc on the hairline!!!!  Bald spots and plugs out and a mess!  HTH
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 1:58pm
Has anyone tried Liquid Gold and has these same problems (loss of hair, sticky, won't last long). I remember few years ago when we first learned of LGold, it was the cats pajamas for glue ins and the ladies said they could wash daily with it in. Any input?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic