Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
TheCulinaryDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glovers Mange
    Posted: Mar 21 2006 at 7:59am

I apologize in advance if this topic has been asked and answered, but I'm new to the forum so bear with me.

When I was a child my mother used to use Glover's Mange on my hair and my hair was very healthy. Can anyone tell me what this product is actually supposed to do? When I google it, it brings up a bunch of information in regards to mange in DOGS...lol....

I'm looking for anyone that's used it; any positive reviews out there? And does anyone know where it can be purchased? I've called just about every black hair-care store in the town where I live and when you ask some of the salespeople they give you this blank stare.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

PrityMoka View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2006 at 8:26am

The product you're talking about is Glover's Medicated Dandruff Control Medicine.  There's no "Mange" in the title.  That's what the old school ladies call it though.  Maybe it used to be named that.  I always heard the ladies in my family call it Glover's Mane.  And they did use it for dogs.  It contains sulfer which is good for hair restoration. My mother used to mix a bit with some Blue Magic, or Bergamont and oil my scalp with it.  horrible sausage smell, but my head didn't itch, and I had long pretty hair.  you can find it through the link below.

http://www.ebonyline.com/hair-care-by-brand-glover-s.html

Edited by PrityMoka
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2006 at 8:47am

I don't know much about this product so I'm sure some of the other ladies can tell you more but as far as I know it is a product for dandruff.  A lot of ladies use it for hair growth and filling in thin spots because it has sulphur in it. 

http://www.havanabeautysupply.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/cgi -local/smpagegen.exe?U+scstore+npyc5417ff001200+-p+-c+scstor e.cfg+glover004

TheCulinaryDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2006 at 9:10am
Thanks ladies. I've bookmarked both links, however I don't see anything that stipulates ingredients. Doesn't Glover's contain sulfur?
bigeyes83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2006 at 9:17pm
My mom used it in my hair as a child as well. It smelled horrible though. She called it dog's mange. LOL. I use to hate going to school with it in my hair. But it did grow my hair. Looking at my pictures up till the 8th I had pretty long hair. Then I got a relaxer. The worst mistake off my life. Oppps sorry I'm ranting. But you can also get it at the beauty supplies in your city. 
sweet_ambrosia View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2006 at 9:43pm

Originally posted by TheCulinaryDiva TheCulinaryDiva wrote:

Thanks ladies. I've bookmarked both links, however I don't see anything that stipulates ingredients. Doesn't Glover's contain sulfur?

Yeah, Sulfur is the main ingredient in Glover's, which is suppose to stimulate hair growth. I've seen it a few times at Wal-Mart so you may wanna check there, or your local BSS or Sally's.

http://www.beautymajor.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=5284

Edited by sweet_ambrosia
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2006 at 11:22pm
I actually have this product.  Fortunately I purchased the floral scented version.  I have used it for a solid month and I haven't noticed any exponential hair growth.  Not trying to discourage you from purchasing it.  It did help with a somewhat itchy scalp.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic