Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedGirls turning into boys naturally?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Girls turning into boys naturally?
    Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:28am

Human protandry: showing that sex roles are not “socially constructed”

A natural experiment which shows that being bought up female does NOTHING towards making a male adult feminine. Two articles on the subject are reproduced below:

Startling sex-changes on the island where little sister may become big brother

By SANDRA JOBS0N, in London

On a lush tropical island in a remote area of the Caribbean something, very peculiar is happening. The young girls in one village are turning into boys. This startling sex change is occurring naturally, and a team of scientists sent to the island believes it could throw a new light on fundamental aspects of human nature and sexual identification. It has all been revealed in a fascinating documentary shown recently on BBC television, called The Fight to be Male.

The Caribbean phenomenon has been happening for the past 50 years. In that time 37 village girls have changed into boys around the age of 13. The cause has been traced back to one woman seven generations ago who passed on genetic abnormality to her descendants.

The story of the Batista family is typical of the village. Four out of the ten children in the Batista family have changed from girls into boys. The eldest, Mario, now 29 and married with children, began life as a girl named Antonia. The next daughter Milady. remains a girl. Then came Chichi, now 19, a normal male who started out as a girl called Isobel. Then there is Venecia, a normal girl. And now Virgilio, who is 12 and in the process of changing from a female to a male.

The Batistas do not regard themselves or their affected children as freaks. After all, 22 other families have experienced the same sex transformation over the years. The primitive lifestyle of the village contributes greatly to the relaxed and passive acceptance of “God’s will.” The people of the island are a mixture of Negroid and Creole stock - well-built handsome men and tall, strapping girls able to share the work load of cutting sugar cane, the island’s staple crop.

The Caribbean climate makes life both easy and lazy. So some of the girls turn into boys? Who cares? As long as they are happy. Virgilio’s brothers immediately found girlfriends when they turned into boys. Mario, the eldest, is the father of two children now, living in one of the bigger towns.

“We always brought up our girls as girls” Mr Batista says. “Because that’s what we always thought they were.”

“And some of our girls stayed girls,” adds Mrs Batista, pointing to two of her grown-up daughters who remained girls and are now married with babies of their own. None of the Batista men who were girls appears to show any sign of embarrassment about the change. Even Virgilio, still in the process, did not mind removing his trousers to reveal his sexual parts.

At birth Virgilio and his other sisters who became boys looked just like any other female baby. But the male anatomy was waiting inside his body and the external genitalia began to change at puberty. The testes dropped, as with all pubescent boys. But in the Caribbean children, the testes have to force their way from deep inside the child’s body. The clitoris grew into a normal, full-size male penis.

In Virgilio’s case the process is still half-way and his external sexual organs appear curiously bisexual at present. But soon his tiny, infantile vagina will close up and he will be completely male. I am looking forward very much to being a man” she says through an interpreter. “I have a girlfriend already”.

The phenomenon was first observed by a Spanish doctor who visited the village on holiday soon after it was connected by road to the rest of the island back in 1950. He wrote up his discovery in a Spanish medical journal where it remained unnoticed until 1972 when a team of doctors _came cross the article and decided to investigate more closely.

To protect the families the team will not reveal the name of the village or the island, but a BBC producer, Edward Galdwyn, was allowed to film the children recently. The team, headed by Dr Julienne Imperator-McGinley has pieced together a family tree of all the 23 affected families, tracing them back seven generations to one woman named Altagracia who married four times and produced a large number of children.

All of them carried a mutant gene which shows up only when one of the members of the 23 families marries a cousin. The clue to it all is a chemical called dihydrotestosterone which Virgilio and the other affected children were unable to produce when they were tiny babies. Doctors can now reliably state that it is the chemical which creates the external anatomy of the male.

In the womb all babies have the beginnings of both male and female sex organs. How the child develops, is determined by the “program” laid down by the chromosomes within its cells. If the child has the female chromosome structure, she will develop ovaries, and the male organs will disintegrate, leaving the female organs to grow.

But the Caribbean children had inherited a faulty gene which meant that the testes developed, but failed to produce the chemical which would remove the female parts. The body did not start producing the vital chemical until puberty, and then the children underwent the changes that should have occurred in the womb.

What is particularly significant is that all of the Caribbean children were brought up as normal girls. They were taught the ordinary female village tasks: Washing the clothes, cooking, fetching the wood, and they played with dolls.

But when they reached the age of l0 they suddenly felt the urge to be male. Young Virgilio explains: “I began to feel like a man in my muscles.” Virgilio’s father explains: “When they turn into men they change into different clothes. Soon everybody forgets. They find girlfriends very quickly.” Indeed, the affected children become more muscular and virile than their normal brothers.

The easy adjustment of the Caribbean children led the scientists to challenge the usual view that our “male” or “female” behaviour is determined more by the way we are brought up than by our physiology. They suggest that there may be a part of the brain which is different in males and females and which governs much of what we think of as sex-role behaviour.

(From the Sydney “SUN-HERALD” JUNE 17 1979, p. 41)

Sponsored Links

ThisOne View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:33am
wow, i never heard of genitals naturally switching to the other sex after birth. very interesting.

ummmmok, take note. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:43am
sounds fake
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:44am
?
ummmok View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by ThisOne ThisOne wrote:

wow, i never heard of genitals naturally switching to the other sex after birth. very interesting.

ummmmok, take note. 

Guess you didn't read the article? Just cluelessly commented.

"The Caribbean phenomenon has been happening for the past 50 years. In that time 37 village girls have changed into boys around the age of 13. The cause has been traced back to one woman seven generations ago who passed on genetic abnormality to her descendants."

This is happening to ONE family, starting generations ago from one abnormal woman.

Sorry to say but that's some freak-show shiet to me. Reminds me of the family that had "Lobster-Claw Syndrome”. It always starts with one person. Because It's a genetic disorder.

I can understand if they were born hermaphrodites but they're not so that's completely different. This is one woman passed on a 'flawed' DNA that's causing these unfortunate women to experience mutation. Even generations later, genes are strong. This still has nothing to do with transgendered people so I don't know why you're directing me here.

And honestly I don't even believe the story. Sounds like some scientific lie to make some money. I'll believe it once I see these women legs wide open before my face. I'd love to see how my pussc can turn to a dicc.

Edited by ummmok - Dec 04 2011 at 11:50am
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:51am
Dead i saw it on a did you know tumblr...then researched it and found that article
TexasPearl22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 11:57am
Not buying it
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2011 at 12:02pm
must be chinese made
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member