Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Girl, 7, sent home over locs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:36am

Awful . Close that ignorant school down !! I hope the father wins a million dollar lawsuit . Children have enough self esteem issues due to bullies and the media spin on beauty . Nothing wrong with the baby hair . I see little girls with dirt and bed lint . I plan to send her words of encouragement . 

Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:02pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:10pm
^ That was VERY beautiful and touching
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:19pm
awwww, that made me wanna loc my hairCry
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:19pm
Well hello pot LOL

I'm the biggest advocate for Black people forming opinions for themselves. However, I also advocate that Black women (and men) learn that their opinion is not law for other Black women and men.

Does having an opinion on another Black person mean that you have to lack etiquette and tack? No it doesn't. If you have an unfavorable opinion when it comes to another person's hair, learn to keep that sh*t to yourself.

I don't go around telling YT folks that they have ugly stringy hair and eyes like devils; that would be rude and uncalled for. Nor do I feel the need to say it every time someone posts a picture of a White person. What's the point of pointing it out EVERY single time?

You are OBSESSED with mentioning the kinkiest and dryness of some child's hair. It's like you have tourettes

And funny that you lump me in with noneyons, as I actually think she was in her feelings in this thread. My posts have nothing to do with hers. Someone mentioned that they didn't think that anyone's locs looked good and I posted a couple of people whose locs I appreciated

You're just being extra as usual and I know you still salty as hell for me calling you out for picking on some babies Wink

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

First, I like locs. I did yarn braids on myself, which I loved because they looked like locs. Locs on a sexy man...ooooh. My hair is natural, and I'm not big on perfect looking hairstyles. I like messy hair for myself, and my baby's hair ain't always perfect.

Real question: is it not ok for blacks to dislike locs? I mean, people don't like pony tails, weaves, perms, blonde on dark skin, etc. Why can't a black person genuinely dislike locs (a hairstyle) without criticism?

I know we as blacks need to support natural hair. Got it. I understand that pretty much no one in this thread agrees with the school. Also, no one is saying she shouldn't wear locs. It seems like a few people just think they should b better maintained (considering this is a hair site, that's not too far fetched of a criticism).

If this doesn't make sense, I apologize. I just left the club, and I can't dance, so I'm drunk.

Chile non and alias stay in their feeling when it comes to opinions they don't like.........they tend to depend on extremes and generalizations to prove their point........
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 10:17pm
Their locs are so beautiful, they actually make me wanna get some
The have great skin btw

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:28am
That long ass response just proved my point......hop off that soap box and into a chair.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:49am

LOL

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:55am
Doesn't say where to donate money...sigh.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 1:18pm
Just heard on msnbc that the school is changing its policy on faddish hair styles (you know, black hairstyles) after the media backlash and public outcry.Thumbs Up

I believe Tiana and her father will be appearing on Tamron Hall before 3pm to discuss this.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic