Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Girl, 7, sent home over locs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 1:11pm
Nope yall still reaching wrong.
I don't even wear slick puffs and don't eff with edge control or eco for my edges...

But when you have this narrative in mind I see how you have to roll with it..
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

if you don't like dreads so what who cares? don't wear them. but the point i've been trying to make is that this story is a perfect example of how our personal biases have a way of infiltrating the system; infecting and spreading beyond our beliefs. 

if some of you have a hard time making that distinction, i can't help you. 

I thanked ur post because u make sense. no one disagrees with u. At all.

People's personal beliefs absolutely have an affect on their actions. I see ur distinction. But can u c how people can feel however they want personally but still distinguish between right and wrong?

The people in this thread who dislike locs, do not agree that the school was right. People dislike red heads, but a principle still can't send red heads home. My preference for natural hair doesn't make me want to send permed heads home. Maybe I didn't read the comments u read. Who's dislike of locs demonstrates a bias in support of the school?
Or, who demonstrated enough close mindedness to deduct that they would allow their or anyone else's opinions to disenfranchise anyone?
I think everyone is pro-choice on hair and in support of everyones personal rights in this thread...

Edited by creole booty - Sep 07 2013 at 2:40pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:41pm
you're right creole. no one in this thread said that they agree with the school's policy. i concede on that point.

however there is an appropriate way to respond to discrimination. the appropriate response is NOT to agree with the underlying premise that breed these policies and laws in the first place.

that's all i'm saying.

Edited by noneyons - Sep 07 2013 at 2:42pm
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:52pm
Got ya! Ok, time and place for certain opinions. I totally agree. Thank u for the clarification
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:12pm
They aren't reading this thread.
I'm not on bitching to white people about this little cutie's hair.

I made a comment not on her hair type but the manner in which its done.
I would have made the sae comment about relaxed hair.

I am amongst black woman on a black hair site .
Nothing I said was inappropriate .Her father probably doesn't know how to style her hair.

There is nothing to be made of that ...

Edited by jonesable - Sep 07 2013 at 3:13pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:42pm
i'm glad you have a better understanding of my pov, creole. 

this aint the same as a blue ivy hair bashing thread. yall won't catch me in those threads holding a position of moral authority because really, those threads are all fun and games. totally harmless imho, 

this story is real life though. real life with real ramifications (that has the potential to trickle down from its precedence--let alone damage this child's self esteem). 

my intentions were not offend anyone. but i will not back down from my opinion on this.  
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 7:19pm
Neither will I.  Finally common ground.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I imagine that many people were not too fond of their "dreds" either

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/chloeandhalle2.jpg

I dare someone to say something about them looking "unkempt" simply because they're locked

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/gallery/chloe-and-halle-disney-upfront-2013/img_7037.jpg

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/gallery/chloe-and-halle-disney-upfront-2013/img_7028.jpg

are they youtube stars?

they are cuties!

i have been thinking about getting locs for the past few years...i need to do more research on it.

still haven't read the thread, but i feel like a lot of bias comes from this stereotype of locs being "dirty/unkempt/nasty" etc.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

A black man cares for his child(it appears as a single father(, supports her so she is a straight A student , stands up for her when she is wronged and people are really talking about the whether or not he did hair "properly".!

Confused

guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl! you know ..

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:33am
If he was a she no pass would be given........

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Sep 08 2013 at 8:37am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic