Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Girl, 7, sent home over locs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 7:33am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I personally can't stand dreds but I understand that it is a very sensitive racial issue for some. But let me take race out of it by saying when I see whites with dreds they look trifling and unkept to me personally. I just think why don't they cut that off and do their hair! They do not have to do that because their hair can do other things easily. I understand that some blacks may feel it is the easiest thing to do with their hair maybe? I personally just can't stand it on anyone actually.
Now legally, I guess they do have a right to wear them but ugh.

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Sep 06 2013 at 7:34am
Sponsored Links

BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

A black man cares for his child(it appears as a single father(, supports her so she is a straight A student , stands up for her when she is wronged and people are really talking about the whether or not he did hair "properly".!

Confused

Lamp
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 9:31am
Lol the story is about her hair.
Lmao yall love to be hysterical.

Is this how I act sometimes? Damn I be doing the most
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Of course the problem is the school it's two separate issues really.
I don't know why people are having problems separating the two thoughts .
The school is wrong [ Independent thought]
Daddy doesn't know how to style his daughters hair , like most men.[ Independent thought ]
Sigh ...

IA!  I will go a step further.  I DO NOT LIKE DREADS...especially dreads on a little girl.  Sleepy  I just don't like it.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I personally can't stand dreds but I understand that it is a very sensitive racial issue for some. But let me take race out of it by saying when I see whites with dreds they look trifling and unkept to me personally. I just think why don't they cut that off and do their hair! They do not have to do that because their hair can do other things easily. I understand that some blacks may feel it is the easiest thing to do with their hair maybe? I personally just can't stand it on anyone actually.
Now legally, I guess they do have a right to wear them but ugh.

Smile
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 7:39pm
did not read the thread

don't really see the problem w/ her hairstyle. as long as it's not interfering w/ her learning.

i think her hair is cute.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

If I ever teach in the United States, can I send little Johnny Mulligan home if he wears a mullet?  I find that shyt distracting.  Or how about Rebecca Smith?  If her parents decide to color her hair with chalk, can I send her home?

please, let's send the kids w/ the mullets home.

there is one kid on the third floor of our school with an epic mullet.
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 8:59pm
its really disappointing to read some of the comments in here.  damn shame. some of you might as well have your picture up there next to that principal/founder of the school.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 9:12pm
I imagine that many people were not too fond of their "dreds" either

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/chloeandhalle2.jpg

I dare someone to say something about them looking "unkempt" simply because they're locked

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/gallery/chloe-and-halle-disney-upfront-2013/img_7037.jpg

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/gallery/chloe-and-halle-disney-upfront-2013/img_7028.jpg

Edited by Alias_Avi - Sep 06 2013 at 9:13pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 9:15pm
Their hair is pretty .
I like locs.

Sme people don't .
What is going on here?

Edited by jonesable - Sep 06 2013 at 9:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training