Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedgimme your opinion, is the lace too orange?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sweeit7034 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: gimme your opinion, is the lace too orange?
    Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 1:14am

I did a Rit dip with a mixture of tan and dark brown and it came out to a shade that matched my dark skin. But after I bleached the knots for about 25 minutes, the lace has a weird orange/red tinge. Also the knots didn't change color uniformly. In a few spots, they disappear into my skin like they should. But the majority of the knots didn't even change color. The hair even started to get lighter at the roots.

I don't know what to do!

Should I bleach the knots again? Or try the Rit dip remover and then bleach the knots?

It seems more obvious depending on the lighting. Here is a pic taken in the kitchen with flash:

In the kitchen without flash:

In the bathroom with flash (this is where it is the most obvious):

And in the bathroom without flash:

I am a perfectionist by nature, so I can't really judge this for myself. It seems really bad to me, but I don't....I would like to install this week, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Oh by the way, this closure is a wavy lace closure from indianhair.net (although its more curly than wavy). I ordered natural black, but when I got it that thing was soooooo brown Angry Like a 2 or a 4. So I colored in dark brown before I did the Rit dip and bleached the knots.

Edited by sweeit7034 - Mar 06 2011 at 7:54am
Sponsored Links

Belladonna1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 8:04am
Yes, the lace is too orange. PM Missbossy and ask her how you can correct this. She is the queen when it comes to bleaching/dyeing closures! If I were you, I would leave it alone for now before you ruined it!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 8:17am
In case I don't get a response in time for the install, do you have any idea how this should be corrected?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 9:03am
To remove some of the orange, you can try a blue toner or buy clairol shimmer lights shampoo, it's in a blueis/purple bottle at walgreens. If that does not work, you can try using rit dye color remover. Make sure you  only put that shampoo  on the scalp (wait 5 minutes, rinse, do it up to 4X) and do a deep conditioner afterward. If that does not work then try the rit dye. color remover...Do not submerge the whole closure into the rit dye remover, leave it on their for 1 minute, see if that works. For bleaching the knots, I dunno....wait for her response.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 9:12am
Thanks, that helps. I'm more concerned about the orange, its way more obvious than the knots. And some of the knots did bleach...its just not as uniform as I would like it to be lol. I just wanna get this right!!!
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 9:15am
I would try the Rit dye remover dip before I did anything else. In fact you should have dipped it before you bleached the knots.  hth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 9:52am
Oh I thought that the rit remover was necessary when the knots/hair were colored with fabric dye. Lord, idk what I'm doing Confused  If i do a rit remover and then rebleach the knots, will the hair fall out? Cry
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 2:39pm
I've never tried it on orange lace but you can TRY to tea dye the lace and see if that works.
You could also try a fabric pen to dye the lace back to the color you want it to be.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by sweeit7034 sweeit7034 wrote:

Oh I thought that the rit remover was necessary when the knots/hair were colored with fabric dye. Lord, idk what I'm doing Confused  If i do a rit remover and then rebleach the knots, will the hair fall out? Cry

The more you bleach the knots, the more likely you will damage the lace and the hair because bleach is a chemical. From what you said previously, you already noticing some of the lace is turning white....even if you were to get the orange out and re-dye the closure, the white does not go away entirely(at least it didnt when I had my lace bleaching mishap)....try the rit dye remover, bleach it one more time, condition it, then re-dye it with the mixture you made, this time though, you should buy a product call unred or a blue toner (found at sally's) and add a drop to the mixture before re-coloring the lace!
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2011 at 6:52pm
The shampoo is called Shimmering Lights.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic