BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gifts that you dont want??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I remember my ex hubby buying me a set of glassware for Valentine's Day the 1st year we were married. LOL 

That's not a gift for ME, that's a gift for the entire house. Give me ish that's only for ME.

I should've bought him a set of dish towels and see if he liked that..

LOLat this because I'm think/hope hub is going to give me  2 crystal glasses for valentine's day. But it would only be a great gift for me because I broke one of our anniversary glasses on our anniv this year--glasses we got as a wedding gift from SIL and we use them every year ONLY to toast our anniversary.

I have been saying for years that I will be crushed when they eventually break because I will think it's  a bad sign. I almost hate I started the traditionCry. He knows how I felt about that  so I think he's going to get me some more so I won't be so nervousLOLLOL.

eta: but if he had given me glasses last Val Day, I would have made a thread like thisLOL

people have a problem admitting that sometimes you get crappy gifts. it doesn't make you a bad person or the person a bad person. but some gifts are  crappy.
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:08pm
^^I agree. And of course one person's crappy is another person's treasure--with the right timing LOL (like my glasses story).

A space heater would have been a great gift for me when I was in the office because I stayed cold and that would have been so romantic (FOR ME) if my guy thought of getting me that because he knew I was cold at work. But in general, I wouldn't say it's a great xmas gift.

eta: @ Epit

Edited by PurpleHaze - Dec 26 2012 at 5:21pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I tell dh what I want. So there is no confusion at all.

or you could do this .

ALMOST fool-proof. Just be specific!LOL

Edited by PurpleHaze - Dec 26 2012 at 5:10pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I tell dh what I want. So there is no confusion at all.

or you could do this .

ALMOST fool-proof. Just be specific!LOL

i said i want earrings to match my necklace...i got earrings that match my necklace. they're gorgeous. i am happy. he is happy.

i usually get one item i kinda ask for and all the others are of his choice. and i do the same. he asked for one specific thing and got 12 other things i pickedLOL

..even though he doesn't like when i tell him what to buy me
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:21pm
did he like his stocking stuffer stuff?
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:24pm
Yeah, get me that "one" item that I want and the rest is up to you.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:25pm

did he like his stocking stuffer stuff?

yeah! i got him a customized dallas cowboy beer mug, a random pair of socks to cushion the mug, a pen thing for his tablet [which he loves and told me i should get one for myself] and the pineapple holder...and a car charger for his phone.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:26pm
what kind of pen is it? Does he have Ipad ?
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:27pm
the OP reminded me of Lucy. I miss her. I liked lucy, even though BHM came for her.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:32pm
now what's really sad is when you've been married for almost 20 years and your husband gets you a chocolate cake for your birthday. Had me asking my own sister "when did you start eating chocolate?" She said: I didn't.LOL

She never liked anything chocolate, even as a kid. We both don't know how her husband never picked up on that in so many years. Just from observation, I think my husband has observed that she doesn't eat anything chocolate.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Dec 26 2012 at 5:35pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Gear Best
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
HairCanada.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic