Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Gifts that you dont want??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
misslexx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gifts that you dont want??
    Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:10am
Hey I have a question. My boyfriend of a year and a half got me some very ummm practical gifts. An area heater and a one season of a DVD set that I don't have any of the other seasons too. The heater is understandable cause I am always cold but honestly I don't like space heaters and they tend to mess up my circuit breakers lol. Also it was something I would have got for myself if I needed it.

I got him Polo boots andPolo shirt and asweater. Stuff what he liked that I saw him eye before and was inline with his style. I eau super proud of my gifts!!!!

I nicely said "Babe I can't really use the heater and I don't have the rest of the seasons of the show" no shade or nothing. But he still acted really cold and said something about failing. Now I feel really bad. But I didn't want him to waste his money either. Honestly I had been hinting about what I wanted but he didn't catch it.

Should I apologize, am I ungrateful? Or should I just let it blow over?

What say you BHM

Oh and he has got better stuff before lol. This is not an often occurrence. For some reason though his random gifts are good while Christmas or Bday is off..

**excuse typos. Using my phone
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:22am
Hella ungrateful
And go ahead and take that "L" for going all out and he didn'tLOL You gon' learn today
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:46am
Originally posted by misslexx misslexx wrote:

Hey I have a question. My boyfriend of a year and a half got me some very ummm practical gifts. An area heater and a one season of a DVD set that I don't have any of the other seasons too. The heater is understandable cause I am always cold but honestly I don't like space heaters and they tend to mess up my circuit breakers lol. Also it was something I would have got for myself if I needed it.

I got him Polo boots andPolo shirt and asweater. Stuff what he liked that I saw him eye before and was inline with his style. I eau super proud of my gifts!!!!

I nicely said "Babe I can't really use the heater and I don't have the rest of the seasons of the show" no shade or nothing. But he still acted really cold and said something about failing. Now I feel really bad. But I didn't want him to waste his money either. Honestly I had been hinting about what I wanted but he didn't catch it.

Should I apologize, am I ungrateful? Or should I just let it blow over?

What say you BHM

Oh and he has got better stuff before lol. This is not an often occurrence. For some reason though his random gifts are good while Christmas or Bday is off..

**excuse typos. Using my phone
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:51am
Ungrateful!! I hope he dumps you!!!

J/k LOL

He should be smacked upside the head for buying you a space heater. That's a crappy and thoughtless gift. It's a shame he didn't make the effort to buy you something you wanted. But like another poster said lesson learned. Next year buy him a trash can and see how he likes it.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:58am
You're not being ungrateful but you should apologize. Just for the sake of the relationship I think you should rub his wounds. The fact is that men's hearts are in the right place but theyre clueless. You'll probably get something better for Valentines Day.

I think there's a way to relay dissatisfaction without being disrespectful...one time I got my older cuz a $20 Macy's gift card since he shops there...I have a lot of 1st cousins I'm close to so I was working on a budget. I knew it wasnt much but atleast it was a $20 coupon basically. He said, "seriously, what am I supposed to do with this?"...to this day I haven't given him anything including for his baby shower. Now do somethin with that.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:11am
he actually thought about you when he picked out those gifts and thats what matters.  you shouldve reacted like he had just given you priceless jewels.
wait a week and then tell him he has to take back the heater because it caused the circuit breaker to fail.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:24am
Say sorry but I don't get why it is a big deal about the DVD's. You can download the rest of the seasons. He gave thoughtful gifts to you. They aren't perfect to you maybe but many men aren't good at gift giving. 
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:32am
As for the space heater thing, you could've waited. I would've waited at least a day to say something. You could have told him that you love/really appreciate the gift but you don't think you are going to be able to use it because xyz, however you're happy that he even thought to get that for you and that shows that he pays attention. The way you said it wasn't absolutely bad but you could have said it better. I would've at least.
You could have even suggested taking it back with him and finding an alternate gift with him.
I really don't get the dvd one. That was stupid. If you finish the season, you can buy the other ones or watch it online. You can't watch the show because he didn't get you the entire collection? Ermm

Edited by ImThatDiva - Dec 26 2012 at 5:34am
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:37am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I think there's a way to relay dissatisfaction without being disrespectful...one time I got my older cuz a $20 Macy's gift card since he shops there...I have a lot of 1st cousins I'm close to so I was working on a budget. I knew it wasnt much but atleast it was a $20 coupon basically. He said, "seriously, what am I supposed to do with this?"...to this day I haven't given him anything including for his baby shower. Now do somethin with that.
What an ungrateful prick. I've gotten gifts I didn't like before but never would I be so rude to someone who even thought to get me something. He could have pulled you aside and said he appreciated your thoughtfulness and next year he can give you some pointers on what to get him so you're on the money. Something like that. I would have snatched it back and told him that I'd give it to someone who needs it. If he can't figure out what to do with it, someone else will.Sleepy

Edited by ImThatDiva - Dec 26 2012 at 5:37am
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:40am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by misslexx misslexx wrote:

^^^smh...

Anyway OP, I don't think I would have done that. First of all I'm not spending that much money on a man and secondly, the gifts he got for you were thoughtful and sweet. You could have waited and made a joke out of it later so he'd know for next time.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic