FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Getting rid of my Dark Spots from Acne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

Author
GoodKarma4me View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodKarma4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2009 at 7:47pm

^^ Is the acne on your face? If it is try black soap and pure vit e.

Sponsored Links

jaskearia12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaskearia12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2009 at 9:04pm
This is my first post on this website. I'm mostly a lurker Embarrassed  But I have to let you ladies in on something. I was reading really great reviews online about Palmer's Skin Success Fade Cream, even some on here. So, I was like what the hell, it's inexpensive && I'm willing to try anything for my face. A lil background info. my scars are DEEP and I have A LOT. They're horrible since I had the gross habit of picking at them. I mean some of these scars, I've had since I was 13. I'm almost 21 now. I've tried a lot of products, Ambi, Neutrogena, Nadinola, Daggett & Ramsdell...none of them worked. I've never had so much success since using the Palmers Fade Cream... I've been using it for 5 days now && my face is looking amazing! The scars are slowly but surely fading...they've flattened...some of the small ones have completely vanished. I looked in the mirror about 30 mins ago && wanted to cry. I've finally found something... I'm hoping I can throw away my MAC concealers & foundations within the next 3 months. I'm going to keep you guys posted!! Big%20smile  I'm sooo happy lol  

Edited by jaskearia12 - Aug 11 2009 at 9:04pm
Chaim-Naphasch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaim-Naphasch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2009 at 3:39am
ladies, where do you buy ratin a?
MonieKT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonieKT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2009 at 2:18pm
Ladies lemme tell u i hav had dark spots for over 7 yrs n im only 17
im rlly bad at pickn at my skin too
BUT i gota tell u to GO TO GNC
dey hav dis vitamin c creme to heal ur acne scars faster
n vitamin e oil at 56,000 i.u. !!!
i use it twice a day for almst 4 days now n my spots r fading
i talkn bout spots frm yrs ago r fading
i cnt rememba how much it was
but its worth wateva it is
it feels so gud to fnd sumthn dat wrks
ill tryn post pics
tinkerbell94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinkerbell94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 2:43pm

For lightening your scars, the most tried and tested method is exfoliation and mild bleaching/fading. You should make it a point to exfoliate your skin on a weekly basis.  

Here is my step by step routine below:

Step 1. Exfoliate with Ultra Glow Black Soap purchase from Wal-Mart. I know it is not the all natural however it works and does not over dry or cause breakout. If my skin is peeling I add a little bit of baking soda in my hand (small pea size mix in with the suds from the soap) important I apply with my hands no wash cloth just suds up the soap add baking soda if you need additional exfoliation.  $2.50

Step 2. I use a MicroDermabrasion cloth to wipe of the soap. See below, I purchase from E-Bay seller: thankyoustan  $11.00

Step 3. Use prescribed acne treatment evening Diffrin morning aczone.

Step 4. Apply CVS Salicylic acid acne medication (spot treatment if necessary) $2.00

Step 5. Apply Generic Name: Tretinoin Gel (TREH-tih-noyn), Brand Name: Examples include Avita and Retin-A. I purchase from www.alldaychemist.com. You do not need a prescription very cheap. It is available in the form of topical liquid, cream, and gel. Gel comes in either of two strengths, 0.025% or 0.01%,  I use gel because I have oily skin. Ok,  use a pea size at first every night and then depending on the peel every other day. Do not apply in the day only at night. If you need to spot treatment for extra dark spots apply a pen size to the spot only.  I use the 1% but I worked up to it.

Points to look for your skin will be red and start to peel. It will not bleach you so donít worry it evens out to your natural complexion.

Step 6. The  following is the lighting cream exact word for word prescription for dark spots, you have to have a pharmacist compound(specially mixed) 4%hydroquinone/aclovate cream/vit C 500mg Equal parts, Disp 45mg.    Ok if you are not going to get a prescription then the following I know can be used. Obagi blender which contains a specific formulation of 4% hydroquinone and an activating base that complements tretinoin activity and provides blending along with stimulation. I used this before the derm switch me. Steps for this take the tretinoin pea size amount (measure equal finger tip) and mix with clear on spots. I did this for overall complexion peeling and for specific spots.

Step 7: Sun-block very important because you will become very sun sensitive and you do not want all the hard work to be done for nothing Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ with Helioplex gives combined UVA/UVB protection.

nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by MoniKT MoniKT wrote:

Ladies lemme tell u i hav had dark spots for over 7 yrs n im only 17
im rlly bad at pickn at my skin too
BUT i gota tell u to GO TO GNC
dey hav dis vitamin c creme to heal ur acne scars faster
n vitamin e oil at 56,000 i.u. !!!
i use it twice a day for almst 4 days now n my spots r fading
i talkn bout spots frm yrs ago r fading
i cnt rememba how much it was
but its worth wateva it is
it feels so gud to fnd sumthn dat wrks
ill tryn post pics

Hey MonieaKT, what is the name of the vitamin c cream?

Edited by nemesis1 - Sep 18 2009 at 3:54pm
brown123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brown123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 5:44pm
Retina you have to get prescription.
DeltaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeltaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 6:02pm

black soap, aloe vera gel (from herbalife.com), and an itty bit of raw shea butter.  awesome wonders !

i tried a glycolic peel from mario badescu and it really didnt do much for me. Using their products combined made me break outAngry  my skin was healthier when i used all natural products. periodically, i used proactive's repairing lotion to monitor random break outs.  when i used the entire line of proactive, my face broke out Dead

natural skin + natural hair = amazingness LOL
barbaramory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbaramory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 7:01am

Chickpea Flour, Raw Milk, Turmeric and Lime Juice

Mix altogether 1 tbsp. of chickpea flour, 2 tsp of raw milk, a pinch of turmeric and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply the mixture on your skin leaving it for 15 minutes before rinsing. Home remedies are required to be use on a daily basis for four weeks then once a week there after.

girlysquared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlysquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 1:30pm
Ya'll using anything above 2% Hydroquinone better being wearing sunblock SPF 50 or you're going to get sun damage. You are effectively breaking down the melanin in your skin, yes. But at a faster rate which is dangerous. The FDA has determined that 2% is safe for our skin and hydroquinone in general is to be accompanied with sunscreen/block at any concentration. I use Clear Essence Medicated Fade Cream which is available at Walmart and is only concentrated with 2% of hydroquinone. Be safe when lightening your dark spots please! Always remember sunblock to avoid skin cancer in the future!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic