Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Break Outs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

getting rid of a boil (ingrown hair follicle)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting rid of a boil (ingrown hair follicle)
    Posted: Nov 09 2011 at 9:32pm
i'm truly not understanding, i got a boil under the buttock above the thighCry
have never had one in my lifeConfused
however after doing much google research i realized it can be caused if you do alot of sitting which i do while working, which a hair becomes ingrown causes build up around follicle produces boil...yuckOuchi begun to take a clean towel n alcohol rubbing with pressure across, then with hot to hot/warm water, this is the 2nd day i'm persistantly working to shutting it downClapi've taken 2 hot to warm baths in epsom salt&iodized salt mixed (sat in the tub for 20 to 30minutes) with nothing but the salts, then dry off, do the alcohol rub with clean towel, then rub benzoyl peroxide gel on it (lay across the bed & let draw it up & dry it out) i washed all my bed linen, towels & underwears & by tommorrown it shall be diminishing to diminished (gone)

sidenote: how do you get rid of a boil?Unhappy
Sponsored Links

Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 12:50am
apple cider vinegarClap
is the business and it still is news, id begun drinking 1tblspoon to 16ounce water once a day then slacked offSleepywhile doing research after seeing no one on bhm has ever had a boilLOLi kept researching and saw acv drink it and take a cotton ball and put it on your boil (leave it on all night) and im telling yall i drank 2tblspoons acv to 16ounce water and did the cottonballs with acv and its only been an hour and im poppin around painfree again woohoo acv rides again...imma do it one more time tonight for i go to bed (rub cottonballs with acv all over boil) i've found my cure n wont be this way no more (once is more than enough for me) 2tblspoon of acv in 16ounces of water for me once a day everydayClap
mizthang510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizthang510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 1:17am
DeadDeadDeadAngryAngryAngryAngry
I've had about 3 boils on my buttocks area and 2 on my under arm's. Taking hot epsom salt baths will help the boil come to a head then eventually it will bust. Be aware that the build up puss smells really bad when it does bust. So carry extra clothes with you, and although the bump seems very small there will be alot of puss.

I reccomend going to the Dr. to have it lanced off. The one I had that busted on its on came back about a year later. The Dr. explained to me that although it busted the sack was still there intact which will eventually fill back up and create another boil. So it will be best to have a Dr. remove it so they can cut out the membrane sack.

All of them home remodies really does not work. But you can try "boil ease" which will only make the boiling water feeling subside a little bit. If this is your first one be prepared for it to feel alot worse. I almost felt like I wanted to go to the emergency room a couple of times waiting for my Dr. appointment.

Goodluck
Brilaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 2:44am
I recommend you see a doctor, I've had a few of those suckers. Usually I just have to do what you're already doing (hot baths, warm towels, alcohol to dry them out + go through the painful waiting process). But sometimes they can be the result of a hormonal imbalance or infected - in which case doctor can prescribe medicine.
sashaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2011 at 2:37pm
egg white on the boil overnight will bust that sucker!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2011 at 7:12pm
There is boil-ease cream or any cream or gel that contains ichthammol.  Smells like tar but it works and it is pretty cheap.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2012 at 7:46pm
Also try soaking in the bath tub with some bleach, like a 1/2 cup in a tub full of warm water.  Trust it is doctor approved.  If you have a fever accompanying the boils, see a doctor immediate or go to the emergency room.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply