Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting older

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting older
    Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:10am
I was discussing this with a friend yesterday. What stuff have you noticed about yourself that you used to do with ease/be non phased about but now seems a right pain in the arse...maybe due to age?

Me: I can't drink socially without paying the price of murderous hangovers that take days to recover

Going to bed late...I pay the price when I'm at work and can't stay up

Going out clubbing...I have to really prepare myself mentally. I prefer going to meals and being tucked up in bed before midnight

I have become quite judgemental and old in thinking "she must be freezing in that mini dress without tights" "did her parents see what she's wearing"

I worry far more about the state of The world and where we are all heading. If I think about it for too long I feel breathless

I spend hours comparing house and car insurance. Heck I'm even interestes in coupons

I buy shoes with a bum face "can I walk in them" argh

Finding a very faint chin hair on my chin chin hasn't helped lol.
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:13am
going out, getting in at 3 and getting to work for 7.30/8am

those days are gone.

id have to be like my city friends and start a coke habit just to do it..
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:17am
ive become more steadfast in my pan africanist ideals

i think about retirement a lot more and where i wanna retire.. sh*t nigguh im only 33!!

i used to not care bout work relationships, now i think more about being ruthless and fuccking everyone over and the value of schmoozing just a lil bit

ditto on the insurance home car mobile any type.

blackarosoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackarosoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:35am
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

I was discussing this with a friend yesterday. What stuff have you noticed about yourself that you used to do with ease/be non phased about but now seems a right pain in the arse...maybe due to age?

Me: I can't drink socially without paying the price of murderous hangovers that take days to recover

Going to bed late...I pay the price when I'm at work and can't stay up

Going out clubbing...I have to really prepare myself mentally. I prefer going to meals and being tucked up in bed before midnight

I have become quite judgemental and old in thinking "she must be freezing in that mini dress without tights" "did her parents see what she's wearing"

I worry far more about the state of The world and where we are all heading. If I think about it for too long I feel breathless

I spend hours comparing house and car insurance. Heck I'm even interestes in coupons

I buy shoes with a bum face "can I walk in them" argh

Finding a very faint chin hair on my chin chin hasn't helped lol.

The bold
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:33am
Losing weight

I told my bf recently that you know you're getting old when you realize you've lost a few unexpected pounds, and rather than being thrilled with glee (or hardly noticing at all), you are worried that you might have an illness. lol.

Edited by PurplePhase - Feb 16 2014 at 8:42am
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:02am
Well, things change as you age .. but it's better than the alternative - death.

Me? At 58 ..my grooming routine has to be bumped up. Nails, skin care - face mask/exfoliating, feet, hairs on my chin, all these girl things need extra time. Especially my dry feet. On the bright side since my routine is downpat, I only have to use a bit of Mac face powder and my complexion is perfect. (no wrinkles either)

Every morning getting out of bed is cranky on the bones, it's harder to lose weight, if I stay out late dancing, drinking the next day I am dragging more. I need 8.5 hours of sleep a night be 100 percent.

The world? Heck I'm done worrying about it. I figure I have a good 25 years left so I plan to enjoy myself and retire comfortably. If the world goes to hell in a hand basket - okay because after I'm gone (shrugs) my problems are over.

Men, they are all over me but(shrugs) but I don't need any of them. Now that's a blessing that every women should realize EARLY on - will save you all those headaches. I can enjoy them but if it gets to be too much of a headache .. then I will send them back into the universe so I can get back to the important business .. of MY life (work, Salsa dancing, travel, weight training, foriegn language acquisition, authorship and the list goes on.) A girl's gotta stay focused.

So, yes on the whole .. old age is pretty darn good. :) Mainly because you finally figure some stuff out.

Take a lessen girls.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Feb 16 2014 at 9:05am
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:22am
Still under 30: I always said no kids before 25 because our body's aren't fully matured. When I was almost 26 I think all my hormones rushed in lol. I could register that things were sad, joyous, etc. but I didn't cry. All of a damn sudden I started crying at movies, commercials, cards . Not balling but my eyes well up, Imma G

I'm not an emotional person. My bf at that time said it was apart of growing up Ill update as I get older lol
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:25am
I used to be able to eat anything, the greasier and spicier the better but those day have passed. I pay dearly for eating the wrong foods now.

Other than food issues, age has improved me. I'm more patient and tolerant.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:32am
I'm still 22 turning 23 this year and i feel like i am entitled to a free bus pass.

I've been more concerned with looking after my skin though

KFORKARESS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFORKARESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:36am
I'm more sensitive to things than I used to be. I watched The Lion King recently and wanted to cry, lol. I used to watch surgery shows & 1,000 ways to die now I can't. Cry in church. Cry, Cry, Cry.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>