Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Getting my first weave - advice needed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NinaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 10:41pm
^Yeah, since I started the topic I have excluded The Weave Shop from my search! I have a friend who always gets her hair done there and it usually doesn't look very natural even though she usually gets Remy weave. A couple months ago she got an 18" Remy weave installed at The Weave Shop and was very unhappy with it... Her sister saw her like 2 weeks afterwards and thought it was a wig and my friend said, "it's a weave, my stylist just didn't know what she was doing." I did some research and couple other salons that seem like the stylists are much more talented.

Edited by NinaBelle - Apr 25 2013 at 10:44pm
Sponsored Links

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 1:36pm
With any closure you should expect an adjustment within 3-4 weeks if it's done properly.  I would suggest researching stylists and viewing their actual work before booking your appointment.  It's a tedious process.  Ask for newly installed references as well as references of installs 4-6 weeks after the initial install.  Scrutinize thoroughly so you minimize risk of disappointment. 

I saw a pic of a FL stylist on FB....her work looks good.  Maybe this will help your research. Good Luck.

Also, take a look at this closure Q&A.... Youtube is a good place for visuals so you can ask good questions when interviewing a potential stylist. 

I think a good virgin wavy/straight (slightly/medium coarse Indian, Filipino, or other origin will work for your preference).

Edited by missyo67 - Apr 26 2013 at 1:45pm
NinaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 10:44pm
Thanks so much! I am going to take all your advice lol. I watched the video. I'm iffy about closures now since they don't last as long but if I find a very skilled stylist then hopefully I'll be able to get the closure tightened/touched up every three weeks or so. That would be ideal. I'm going to spend the next week searching for the perfect stylist. I'm in the metro Detroit area so if anyone knows someone who's very good with installing sew ins please let me know!

Edited by NinaBelle - Apr 26 2013 at 10:59pm
mynappyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mynappyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 9:38pm
Your hair looks great! What type hair did you decide to use & did you get a closure or leave some of your hair out?
NinaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:25am
Bump! I still haven't gotten my sew in, but I plan on getting it next month. I hope the lace closure looks ok when I get it!
loveyessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveyessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

With any closure you should expect an adjustment within 3-4 weeks if it's done properly.  I would suggest researching stylists and viewing their actual work before booking your appointment.  It's a tedious process.  Ask for newly installed references as well as references of installs 4-6 weeks after the initial install.  Scrutinize thoroughly so you minimize risk of disappointment. 

I saw a pic of a FL stylist on FB....her work looks good.  Maybe this will help your research. Good Luck.

Also, take a look at this closure Q&A.... Youtube is a good place for visuals so you can ask good questions when interviewing a potential stylist. 

I think a good virgin wavy/straight (slightly/medium coarse Indian, Filipino, or other origin will work for your preference).

ClapClapClap Great advice for her
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 6:00am
I just wanna say it doesn't matter if your black or white. You being mixed has nothing to do with anything. There are full blacks with hair silkier then yours. JS.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic