Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Getting my black hair to brown without bleach??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Getting my black hair to brown without bleach??

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
AshleyScott021 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleyScott021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting my black hair to brown without bleach??
    Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 3:14pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I have a couple questions about hair dye. I have natural jet black hair & I just got it dyed professionally, using SoftSheen Carson - Sunkissed Brown...but it still looks black and the only time you can see any brown is if I'm in the sun. Even then, its still dark.

So, I'm just wondering how can I get my black hair to a honey-like brown without bleach?? I refuse to use bleach. If I keep dying it over & over, will it eventually get lighter? Would it be safe to get my hair dyed every 2 weeks when I go to the salon? 

Thanks!! 
Sponsored Links

AshleyScott021 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleyScott021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 3:15pm
Also, this was my first time EVER dying my hair. Any suggestions would be helpful! 
nevasatisfied View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevasatisfied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 2:40am
I have dyed my hair black and went to a med golden brown..What you need to do is got to sallys and buy the mini peroxide/developer in a 30 volume (liquid not cream) and pour half of that into your shampoo. use this for about 1 week and then buy a hair dye that is 2 shades lighter than the hair color you want (make sure it has a gold tone to it)..This has worked for me, hope it helps youWink
Make sure you deep conditioner your hair one a weekWink
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2011 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by AshleyScott021 AshleyScott021 wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I have a couple questions about hair dye. I have natural jet black hair & I just got it dyed professionally, using SoftSheen Carson - Sunkissed Brown...but it still looks black and the only time you can see any brown is if I'm in the sun. Even then, its still dark.

So, I'm just wondering how can I get my black hair to a honey-like brown without bleach?? I refuse to use bleach. If I keep dying it over & over, will it eventually get lighter? Would it be safe to get my hair dyed every 2 weeks when I go to the salon? 

Thanks!! 

Dyeing it over and over will cause a lot more damage than bleaching it once. To start off, you'll need to strip your current hair color then use a level 6 brown shade with 40 volume developer. 
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2011 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Thanks!! 

Dyeing it over and over will cause a lot more damage than bleaching it once. To start off, you'll need to strip your current hair color then use a level 6 brown shade with 40 volume developer. 
or a 30 volume developer...40 may have too much lift.
SimplisticLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplisticLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2011 at 11:53am

Thanks!! 

or a 30 volume developer...40 may have too much lift.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply