Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 3:05pm
Honey, Cornmeal and steamroom good to goThumbs%20Up
Sponsored Links

MsCheeks86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsCheeks86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2009 at 7:15am
I'm thinking about trying evoo and sugar with a scrub glove.
i_am_sade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i_am_sade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 4:55pm
 i use a natural loofa and black soap
Jello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 7:55pm
Milk baths, anyone?

"Over two thousand years ago, Cleopatra filled her elegant tub with camel milk to maintain her notoriously supple skin. However, the multiple benefits of milk baths and milk-based skin care products are being revisited in the new millennium as more people seek holistic solutions to their health and beauty needs.

Milk naturally contains Vitamins A and D, which helps to make your skin soft, yet strong. Further, the lactic acid in milk has natural beta hydroxy acids which not only exfoliate your skin, but soothe it. The natural ingredients found in milk improve the appearance and condition of your skin. As milk eliminates dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, it adds essential moisture. Milk is even beneficial for your hair because it seals up the small scales on your hair follicles that can cause hair to look dull. Using milk on your hair will make it shinier and healthier, just as using milk on your skin will made it silkier and more radiant.

No matter what type of milk you use, it is sure to benefit your skin. Although Cleopatra used camel's milk and many people today use cow's milk, other kinds of milk are also excellent for skin care. Goat's milk has the same ph as human skin and is quite effective for attaining smoother skin. Oat milk contains oat grain, which is super for sensitive skin because it soothes as it moisturizes. Soy and rice milk are also terrific for hydrating the skin and promoting healthy new cells. Regardless of where the milk was derived, it is certain to deliver multiple benefits to your skin.

You can make your own milk bath at home by adding a couple of cups of warm milk to your bath, or in a pinch, you can substitute with a couple of cups of instant milk. You can also add a drop or two of almond oil to the bath because it smells delicious and will provide a bit of additional moisture."

CrazyCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2009 at 12:48am
Back home we have this thing that gets rid of dead skin completley. They have a few here in the states its called Moroccan bathor Turkish bath, if you have one in your area it, you should go it will deff get rid of your dead skin!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2016 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by ☺Nami ☺Nami wrote:

well i created a pretty good body exfoliator

it contains:
vitamin C - critical component for the production of collagen/prevents premature aging as well
caffeine (in the form of  simple aspirin tables non-coated): helps tighten the skin basically, give it a simple gently lift
honey/almonds- good for oily skin,  helps the exfoliating process
sugar (grains good while exfoliating)- exfoliates
water- dilutes the  mixture
lemons- lightens whilst exfoliating occurs
olive oil- leaves one with smoother , gentle  skin

each doing it's own thing  but to be quite honest, it really leaves my skin  smooth and  lighter looking even, thanks to the removal of the dead skin. Although after putting it on, it dries and makes the skin feel like sandpaper, once you get the loofah and in a circular motion  start to exfoliate it, the  dry skin is removed, and you can feel the softer smoother skin. once your whole skin is left feeling smooth, it's simple to say, outer dermis layer is removed . :) works uber well for me...

Originally posted by SuthrnBella SuthrnBella wrote:

^^^^

I have a similar body scrub recipe that I really love and it leaves my skin sooo soft. I mix it in a plastic tub with a lid and keep it in the shower. I use fresh ingredients so I only make enough for a week.

Ingredients:

1. regular cane sugar
2. lemon juice - fresh squeezed 3 or 4 lemons
3. pure, raw honey 
4. oil (whatever kind I have on hand....olive oil + coconut oil and/or a little liquid shea butter oil that I ordered)

I mix until I like the consistency. I use this in the shower (NOT ON FACE) and it really leaves my skin silky. The oils in it leaves me moisturized.

mmmmm i like those recipes. i already get rid of my dead skin with the korean italy towel, but it is always good to try something else.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic