Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 11:35am
What's the best scrub? The salt or the sugar? And do you scrub everyday?
Sponsored Links

Latte_Ladee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Latte_Ladee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 8:19pm
Any combination of a loofah, body brush and/or any body scrub with some kind of grit to it (oatmeal, beads, etc.) should help.
1pulchritude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1pulchritude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2009 at 8:01pm
I use the brown sugar scrub by Fresh and in between scrubs I use a exfoliating washcloth scrub with body wash
honeybrown2777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybrown2777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2009 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by honeyx honeyx wrote:

try salt with olive oil, works excellent, rub it in with yr hands, the salt really lifts away the dead skin, better than many body scrubs ive used and very cheap. my mum keeps a big plastic tub of salt next to the shower so she can jus put her hand in scoop out some salt and have a rub down,,,
try it on yr hands in the sink if u wanna c what it feels like. x

I usually use espom salt and a small body wash. I'm going to try salt and olive oil.  Thanks for the tip
Ebony B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebony B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 9:12am
I use the scrub thing that is used to wash pots (the green or the silver one) on my bum, thighs, knee caps and elbow. I am smooth all over now!! Best thing i have ever used. I use it every three days and then moisturise with vitamin E oil while my skin is still damp. Brilliant.

Edited by Ebony B - Jul 23 2009 at 9:14am
DarkEyes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by honeyx honeyx wrote:

try salt with olive oil, works excellent, rub it in with yr hands, the salt really lifts away the dead skin, better than many body scrubs ive used and very cheap. my mum keeps a big plastic tub of salt next to the shower so she can jus put her hand in scoop out some salt and have a rub down,,,
try it on yr hands in the sink if u wanna c what it feels like. x

This works great!

☺Nami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ☺Nami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2009 at 2:19pm
well i created a pretty good body exfoliator

it contains:
vitamin C - critical component for the production of collagen/prevents premature aging as well
caffeine (in the form of  simple aspirin tables non-coated): helps tighten the skin basically, give it a simple gently lift
honey/almonds- good for oily skin,  helps the exfoliating process
sugar (grains good while exfoliating)- exfoliates
water- dilutes the  mixture
lemons- lightens whilst exfoliating occurs
olive oil- leaves one with smoother , gentle  skin

each doing it's own thing  but to be quite honest, it really leaves my skin  smooth and  lighter looking even, thanks to the removal of the dead skin. Although after putting it on, it dries and makes the skin feel like sandpaper, once you get the loofah and in a circular motion  start to exfoliate it, the  dry skin is removed, and you can feel the softer smoother skin. once your whole skin is left feeling smooth, it's simple to say, outer dermis layer is removed . :) works uber well for me...
SuthrnBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuthrnBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 9:43am
^^^^

I have a similar body scrub recipe that I really love and it leaves my skin sooo soft. I mix it in a plastic tub with a lid and keep it in the shower. I use fresh ingredients so I only make enough for a week.

Ingredients:

1. regular cane sugar
2. lemon juice - fresh squeezed 3 or 4 lemons
3. pure, raw honey 
4. oil (whatever kind I have on hand....olive oil + coconut oil and/or a little liquid shea butter oil that I ordered)

I mix until I like the consistency. I use this in the shower (NOT ON FACE) and it really leaves my skin silky. The oils in it leaves me moisturized.
thedivasworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivasworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 11:05am
I use Gingerbread Sugar scrub and my gloves.
africanbeauty10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africanbeauty10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 1:21pm
These scrubs sound soo good! I have both epsom salt and brown sugar...so i think ill try the salt/olive oil scrub for this week (2-3X a week) and then try the brown sugar/olive oil scrub next week and see which one i like better. And just in time for school to start...perfect!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic