Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

getting a u-part wig as flat as a sew in?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting a u-part wig as flat as a sew in?
    Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 2:07pm
Ive never done a upart wig but I'm looking to start just so i can actually wash and care for my own hair better.. Is it possible to get a u part wig as flat a as a sew in? 
I won't be creating the wig myself and Ive found someone who seems to be great at making wigs, but generally, how do you find they sit on your hair? I can't decide if I want to sew it in as always or make a wig just for longevity 
Sponsored Links

Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 2:13pm
it is curly hair i will be using if that matters
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 2:19pm
I make my own U-parts and I find that if I lay my tracks the invisible part method way it gives for a flatter lay. I also cut the tracks once I get to the top (close to the end) so that they will lay flatter
I do not sew mines down (I install wig clips) Everyone thinks I have sewins or better yet that it's my real hair
Hope this Helps
Milanni Parys View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Milanni Parys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 3:43pm
I make units using the fold over method all the way to the top and they look just like sew ins.
Hotlanta Peach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hotlanta Peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 10:43pm
Yes, it is possible. Im a professional wig maker and make them to wear just like a sew in or better. The key is to have a good wig cap/base, consistent density spacing of the wefts at the top and crown and placement of the wig combs. Ask the person who is making your wig about these things and see what she says.
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 7:17am
I want to know the secret to flat u parts as well LOL

I'm scared i'm gonna look like i have a wig on.
I think flat braids and sewing down might work, thats what people on YouTube do and they seem to be flat.
chocolate03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:12am
I make my own u part wigs and sew them down. People are always surprised when I tell them that it's a wig, they usually think that it's a sew in. I have a lot of hair so I make sure that my braids are small and flat before I sew it on.
Ladykmp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladykmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:19am
Anyone have a tutorial or pics of the process?
Amanda_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:54pm
You can try dropping down the u-part a little, leaving a little extra space near your leave out to sew or clip in a row or two to smooth out any bulkiness from the u-part. Hope that made sense.
allthingslavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allthingslavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 12:38am
Yes, the key to having a flat and flawless u-part/ unit are the braids. If they are big and bulky it will ruin the whole look, no matter how well constructed you unit is. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic