Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Getting A Life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 9:20pm
Meh, having a "life" is subjective. What some consider living, others may think is rather boring and lifeless.

Volunteering is one of the best ways to feel like you have a life...go help serve in a soup kitchen or any other way you see fit. 
Sponsored Links

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 9:24pm
Having a "life" to me means challenging yourself to your max everyday.  For me that means getting up an working on various projects to reach my long term career goals and edifying my loved ones regardless of what I may be going through.  Making plans and then taking decisive action, even on the small things to me is "having a life" becasue it's so easy to lay around the house and simply exist.  I can't imagine what it's like to have anxiety on that level and it must be difficult but take it a day at a time.  God will help and and continue to look to Him but you are the one who is actually living your life so just whenever you feel up to it, just do something with no expectations.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 9:31pm
Life is now and it doesn't happen at any other moment than the current one.
You have a life already, we all have the same life. Separate lives is an illusion, like the horizon.

You have life, you experience life. You can't have 'a' life. Life has variety, and i think you want to experience this variety and all you have to do is choose them. The free will is yours to choose of the variety of this one life that we are all a part of.

Know that your mind is here to serve you---you are the master. Train it to do your will. Step out of your mind, step out of the confines of it because it has you trapped, it has you believing that you are it, and that it has no life. You are a prisoner of your own mind. Free yourself from your mind and you will know the real you, and therefore life will be revealed to you in a truer form.

Well wishes, and God bless.

Edited by Derri - Apr 06 2014 at 9:34pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 9:32pm
Get a life means to find something to do with your time.
GoodGirl gave you a good idea: to volunteer. If you like animals, you could volunteer at your local shelter. If your meds allow you to function enough to be around kids, you could tutor low-income kids on basic math.
Television is poison, you shouldn't be watching it at all, that thing will make you sicker.

I think smoking weed is not a good idea for someone suffering from anxiety and whatever what other problem you have. Don't take any drugs, even weed. Not everyone has the same cool experience smoking it. You should approach your problems organically. You wrote that you want God to rid you of your problem, but do you really believe He will? I mean, have you asked in prayer? A lot of people ask God to rid them of their problems and when they don't see it gone, they assume God wants them to be that way (which usually doesn't make them happy, but they fake to be a happy camper and "loving God").
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 10:48pm

I hope the op is ok . She never came back .

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 8:25pm
Stern Smile
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 8:38pm
lawdt, how did y'all miss that

BHM slippin
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Meh, having a "life" is subjective. What some consider living, others may think is rather boring and lifeless.

Omg this, I get so sick of people telling me that I don't have a life or am missing out on life because I'm 22 and don't go to the club, don't sleep around, don't have social media accounts etc. I tried the club thing it just wasn't fun and exciting to me, plus I'm an introvert I was hella uncomfortable, just totally not my thing. As for the rest of the reasons I supposedley don't "have a life", they ironically would probably(more than likely) hold me back in life. So I will continue to do me.

"If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own."

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 11:56pm
you have a life, and youre letting it pass you by by focusing on the things you feel are holding you back, which become exscuses not to do anything. I dont know how severe your anxiety is, how it effects you, or dismiss it as an actual problem, but by your post it seems youre more then able to put yourself in a position where you can have some fulfillment. for years I let little exscuses stop me from trying until I decided not to let the little things keep me hostage. now im still a work in progress, but even with a degenerative disease I know im on the right track. I also let God in, but Jehovah draws close to those who draw close to him, so if youre waiting for a miracle to do something, dont. God will throw you a rope, but you gotta swim towards it. pm me if you wanna expand on this.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic