BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Get Your Cup and Bra Size RIGHT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

Lmaooooo but I don't wanna spend $60+ on my bras! "Specialty" sizes are expensive. 

Yes, I was doing a little research and got thrown off by a lot of the prices but I find that going to UK ebay and searching for bras is FAAAAAAAAAR cheaper even for new bras! I'm talking prices cut in half, shipping included! Big smile

Links please! Tongue
Sponsored Links

.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 8:22am
I went to Victoria's Secret on Monday and was informed that I am a 36D, not a 36C like I've been wearing since forever
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 9:14am
I'm part of the itty bitty committee, I hardly wear bras as is... BUT I wanted to do this anywayLOL
My underbust and bust measurements came out to 4 inch difference, apparently Im a FvCKING D?!

Do what now?! According to the pics, this makes sense... but according to standard sizing this is way the hell offLOL

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 9:50am
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

I went to Victoria's Secret on Monday and was informed that I am a 36D, not a 36C like I've been wearing since forever

Try measuring yourself to double check.

VS is known for giving inaccurate bra measurements.  
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

You got armpit fat or back fat? THAT'S YOUR TITTY TISSUE!!

Shocked

yous a lie...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 11:29am
This online Bra Size Calculator has been the most accurate one I've found over the years:

You can do both, self-measure and use the bra calculator, to ensure accuracy. 

*NOTE: the calculator does giving UK Bra Sizes, so to convert to American Bra Sizes, use this chart:

Size Conversion
BAND
MINUS BUST DIFFERENCE
US CUP SIZESEUROPEANUK
less than 1"AAAAAA
1"AAA
2"BBB
3"CCC
4"DDD
5"DD/EEDD
6"DDD/FFE
7"DDDD/GGF
8"DDDDD/HHFF
9"DDDDDD/I G
10"J GG
11"K H
12"L HH
13"M J
14"N JJ
   K

*When buying bras, especially online, check to the bra's style description to see whether it's a US, European, or UK size* 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 11:34am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I did the measurement and this is telling me I'm a 38D not a 40D like I wear now

hogwash

38D's are too tight

Is the 38D too tight in the band? Or too small/tight in the cup (breast spilling over) ?

If you don't mind sharing, what measurements did you get (rib cage and bust circumference)? 

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 11:49am
It also counts what hook level your starting off at.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 12:24pm
^^Samone, with your measurements, 38DDD or 40DD would be good starting places. Try them on and see how they fit and make adjustments accordingly. 

New bras should always fit and be worn on the first (the loosest) hook, and as you wash and wear it, it will loose it elasticity and should be adjusted to the tighter hooks. If the bra is too loose on the loosest/first hook, go down a band size, and if the band too tight on this hook, where it's causing a high amount of pain/discomfort, then go up to a band size. 

Remember that while the band should never cause you to be in pain, it should fit snugly/somewhat tight. (When I tried my correct bra size on for the first time, I remember being a little uncomfortable by the band's tight fit, because I'd been so used to wearing the incorrect bra size (too big), but now, the band feels normal.)

Also remember, that the cup size is relevant to the band size. So to maintain the same cup volume, when you go down a band size, go up a cup size; and when you go up a band size, go down a cup size. A 38DDD and 40DD = same cup volume, just bigger size band.

All of these bras have the same cup volume:

And this is why I advise us women not to get too wrapped up into the cup size (some people are afraid to go up a cup size because they think they are not 'that' big. It's all relative really) 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic