Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get ready with me....why

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 46>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

A lot of people don't wash jeans at all. If you get raw denim you're not supposed to wash them.

The new hipster thing is just to put your jeans in the freezer instead of washing them.

I'm all for alternatives but if somebody puts their dirty jeans in the freezer next to my food I will have a fit. And knowing my family, it's bound to happen at some point.

*insert gif with Bad girls club doing makeup but stopped because the other chick said her father had her at 75+*

how does this help with cleaning or is it a preservation method for the fibres elasticity and such, i dunno. wat the fork. Dutty jeans inna de ppl dem good good freezer?! Mi done wid oonu!
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:35pm

Yeah it does have a smell...it took me going to Greece and being in an olive orchard to realize that it actually smells like fresh olives.

But it's not what one thinks of as pleasant.

yeah I hate olives (too lol)

my friend says she can't use olive oil on her body/hair because it makes her hungryLOL. She loves the smell .
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:37pm
Yes, in the freezer! Apparently, it's supposed to freeze any bacteria or whatever...and bacteria is what causes smells. And there's the added bonus that any obvious dirt particles are easy to scrape off when they're frozen.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:40pm
does the frozen bacteria transfer to other food and is that a problem if it does?

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

A lot of people don't wash jeans at all. If you get raw denim you're not supposed to wash them.

The new hipster thing is just to put your jeans in the freezer instead of washing them.

I'm all for alternatives but if somebody puts their dirty jeans in the freezer next to my food I will have a fit. And knowing my family, it's bound to happen at some point.

LOL
LOL

They stay trying me.

One time, the housekeeper had my bath towels, which are embroidered with my name because I'm fancy, folded up in the laundry room waiting for me. Our laundry is connected to our garage. I go to get the towels and a couple are missing. Why is my sister in her car cleaning something up with my towel? Talking about, a towel is a towel.

No girl, that is a bath towel and a washcloth. It is not for you to be cleaning up anything in your car like you have no sense.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

does the frozen bacteria transfer to other food and is that a problem if it does?

I don't know and I don't want to know.

Some people do put them in a ziploc or something first though.

I'm just not putting jeans in the freezer. No.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:49pm
maysay, I asked that silly question (lol) because I have wondered about that myself... Like that nasty conveyor belt at grocery store.. will my boxed items pick up  bacteria  from that belt that I later transfer  to my freezer to be frozen and live forever being transferred to my other foods???

silly lol

Edited by PurplePhase - Jun 26 2014 at 3:49pm
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:49pm

Yeah it does have a smell...it took me going to Greece and being in an olive orchard to realize that it actually smells like fresh olives.

But it's not what one thinks of as pleasant.

This reminds me of when I bought the olive scented body wash from The Body Shop. I misread and thought that it was olive oil based. I was mad as hell in the shower. My sister loved it though.Dead

Their olive oil blend is nice though and smells wonderful.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:51pm
Lol at your sister Maysay. I've damn near fought over sheets so I understand lol.

Maysay, I am so intrigued by you. You're like a fancy hippie. 
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:52pm
I feel like the people that shower 50-11 times a day have the BO of a Seattle fish flinger.......Ya'll be funky like that?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style