Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Get ready with me....why

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 46>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

All jokes aside, this is true. I love and appreciate the luxury of being able to shower whenever I feel like it. However, if the apocalypse were to hit I would be able to survive with a bucket, a few gallons of water and my peppermint soap lol.

this is me JP. I can 'do better' but I admit that I usually don't LOL

eta: do better = conserve more

Edited by PurplePhase - Jun 26 2014 at 2:12pm
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Necessary: Basic standards of hygiene so that you don't spread disease or offend others who have to interact with you.

Unnecessary:
Wasting gallons of water because you're in the shower with the water running the whole time.
Getting a new dry towel every day even though you only use the towel to dry your clean body after your super shower.
Taking multiple full showers a day.
Basically, just wasting water for no reason.

If you've ever been a hospital patient or camping, then you know it's possible to get sparkly clean with very few ounces of water (and even no soap).

ohhh i've admitted to that doing and knowing about that one. tell me about the no soap business though? I know about water conservation and storage because we are frequently hit by hurricanes and we dont have a tank, surprisingly. So you simply catch up water in buckets, jugs etc and fill the bathtubs and use the standing shower to bathe.

yes i do have the shower running while i lather but im a water sign and i love to hear the water runningEmbarrassed. Mom is forever asking if im soft in the head on that. I turn the tap off when i brush though. I'll try to remember.

IA that it is wasteful and said as much in my post but i shall waste awayyyyy. Maybe i should catch and purify rain water hmmmmmmmm. BUT it's drought now. we finally filled the drum out back, we got 2 other recently too. But that water is for flushing only.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i wonder if the free bleeders take 2 showers per day… 

free bleeders shouldn't even be in public.

Question so when you mean free bleeders you mean no tampon, no pad, no nothing just walking around in red soaked pantays??

yes suga. 
did you miss the free bleeding thread? 

it empowers them or something. 

Da fugg. Back then when I used to bleed my shyyt smelled gross. How the hayell you walking about smelling like shark bait all damn day.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:20pm
JP what brand peppermint soap? I got used to dr bonners brand and the zum bar soap. maybe i should try then again. I was in a dorm like situation when water went and amazed my coworkers by using a rubber maid container and a half of water to bathe while one of the used 2 buckets and the rest could bathe cause of it. (we left the others for flushing, i scooped out some). If the apocalypse come i can rough it, no light, no water plenty fruit and veggie trees in the yard

Maysay i cant give up the soap no way.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:22pm
Conservation is important to me (and I live in Cali where we're in the middle of a serious drought) but as much as I'd like to be, I'm not that great about it in lots of areas. I mean, I still buy 5$ bottles of Fiji water even though the tap is probably fine and we get arrowhead delivered. So I'm not on a high horse or anything.

I think it's just the judgment that comes along with it...like people are dirty and nasty because their habits are different. Having lived in dorms, camped, been in juvie, shared luxury hotels and mansions, and basically having an opportunity to become acquainted with people's habits...most people don't shower/change clothes/change sheets/brush teeth/wash dishes/etc nearly as often as they say they do. And guess what, everybody's fine.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Boy's bathroms are heaven sent- always tissue (they dont wipe) always soap (im convinced they dont wash hands- saw the proof in the library bathroom one nightDeadDead) and always dry floors (there's no splashing off water cause they don't wash)

Ma'am boys bathroom is a tad bit cleaner. Now put a dark light up against that wall and we have a whole new thread that can start.

Edited by sugabanana - Jun 26 2014 at 2:26pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Boy's bathroms are heaven sent- always tissue (they dont wipe) always soap (im convinced they dont wash hands- saw the proof in the library bathroom one nightDeadDead) and always dry floors (there's no splashing off water cause they don't wash)

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 26 2014 at 2:26pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

If you've ever been a hospital patient or camping, then you know it's possible to get sparkly clean with very few ounces of water (and even no soap).

All jokes aside, this is true. I love and appreciate the luxury of being able to shower whenever I feel like it. However, if the apocalypse were to hit I would be able to survive with a bucket, a few gallons of water and my peppermint soap lol.

word.  i actually turn the water off now when i am lathering up and exfoliating.  i also ceased with extra soapy soap and gels that are hard as f*ck to rinse off.  i use castile soap which lathers up nicely when its supposed to yet rinses clean and easily when its supposed to.  i try to do my part...lol 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:27pm
No soap just takes a bit longer is all.

As long as you have something that scrubs well and some water, you can still get clean. It does take some vigorous scrubbing though and you might want to soak a bit first.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:27pm
does anyone remember the poster who talked about her grandma (?) that only cleaned with oil, no water? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 46>