Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get ready with me....why

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 46>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

So if I shower at night, tip toe to bed so not to break a sweat, sleep on clean sheets, turn my air to 65 to keep cool.. shower in the am is still needed ...
Air conditioner won't cure a stank coochy cat & overnight B.O. so no. You better roll off them dirty sheets and into a shower Rummy.Stern SmileLOL
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:50pm
The title of this thread tickles me.

A morning shower wakes me up in the morning.
I feel refreshed and I like the smell of my soap

A morning shower never hurt nobody
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:50pm

So if I shower at night, tip toe to bed so not to break a sweat, sleep on clean sheets, turn my air to 65 to keep cool.. shower in the am is still needed ...

In my mind for that im ready to face the day freshness/wakeupness/bright eyed bushy tailed-ness yes. BUT it does come down to climate and possibly the AC factor and body chem etc etc. I don't have an AC and even if i did it would be a single units in my bedrooms not central air like you have. So as soon as i set out the bedroom it's hot again. My Mom has an AC and that has been on with all the Foreigners who've been here, i fear my electricity billAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Food left out on the table in the states will not spoil as quickly as it spoils out here. Central air again preserving human bodies and food. You guys walk from central air to car with AC to central air. I walk from a fan cooled room to car with AC that can not manage the heat (depending on the time of day) to open air/ central air that STEEL cant nec. manage the heat in the middle of summer

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 26 2014 at 12:56pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:53pm
i wonder if the free bleeders take 2 showers per day… 

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:55pm
SN: I feel so thankful I havent had a period in 2 months.
There is no controlling that thing.
I dont want to get hormonal bc but...
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:55pm
I understand those that live in warmer climates or don't have AC.... I'm like Samone, I really don't care as long as I can't smell any offensive odor.

I'm just imagining in my head people clutching their pearls at the thought of not showering in the morning...LOL

I'm more offended at people wearing awful smelling perfume or those fruity body sprays.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 1:00pm

I understand those that live in warmer climates or don't have AC.... I'm like Samone, I really don't care as long as I can't smell any offensive odor.

I'm just imagining in my head people clutching their pearls at the thought of not showering in the morning...LOL

I'm more offended at people wearing awful smelling perfume or those fruity body sprays.

I know you do rumb, you know the Cuban heat as well. 

The bolded hurts my head IA. Same place i was walking last night with my classmates and asked "why do Jamaican wear the loudest worst smelling perfumes, body splashes". lord they love bath and body works and the knock offs *projectile vomits* Someone is gonna beat me up in Half Way Tree, i swear.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i wonder if the free bleeders take 2 showers per day… 

why? why? why? I assume part of the free bleeding process is that they showers to remove the blood on the leg, crotch area. 
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

I'm always perplexed at women who say they dont shower in the morning coz they shower at night Ermm

waaaah? women do that??
Confused

I do/done it. 

what the happens to you in a clean bed in 5-8 hours?Confused

people only shower because they are dirty?
....what about the need to feel refreshed? How yu gon' climb out from under yoru covers, slip into ncie clean clothes, unwashed?
women sometimes "seep"/get moist depending on where in their cycle they are...you just put on panties and go with that?
no still.
not sure what is going down in jamaica, but I don't have those problems. I wake up in the morning, turn my swag on, brush my teeth... and.I ain't got no worries
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 1:06pm
Before you turn that knob, there are some things you should know about showering and skin health.Medioimages/Photodisc/Getty Images

How much should you shower?

It's conventional wisdom that the more you shower, the cleaner you are. Lathering up with a healthy dose of soap and washing it off with a nice stream of hot water should kill any germs on your skin. Studies by medical researchers have shown quite the opposite, however. Using plain old soap (as opposed to antimicrobial or antibacterial soap) doesn't kill skin-borne bacteria. It actually disturbs microcolonies of skin flora and fauna, transferring them to the surrounding environment -- like your shower, for instance. For this reason, surgical teams and patients are generally restricted from showering immediately before entering an operating room [source: Larson].Still, showering regularly is recommended for good personal hygiene. Showering too much, however, can have a potentially damaging effect on your skin.The outermost layer of your skin's surface (called the stratum corneum or horny layer) is a barrier made of hardened, dead skin cells. These skin cells offer protection for the underlying layers of living, healthy cells. The horny layer is more than just dead skin cells; it's held together by lipids, which are fatty compounds that actually help maintain moisture in your skin.Anytime you take a shower -- especially a hot one -- with soap and a scrubbing device like a washcloth or a loofah, you're undermining the integrity of your skin's horny layer. The soap and the hot water dissolve the lipids in the skin and scrubbing only hastens the process. The more showers you take, the more frequently this damage takes place and the less time your skin has to repair itself through natural oil production. What's more, the horny layer of your skin can be sloughed off by scrubbing, exposing the delicate skin cells beneath. The result of showering too frequently is generally dry, irritated and cracked skin.Another problem related to showering too often is the use of a towel to dry off. While rubbing yourself dry with a towel is common practice, it's also a damaging one for your skin. Air drying is the optimal way to dry off following a shower, but if you don't have time to wait for evaporation or don't like tracking bathwater throughout your house, you can still use a towel. Just make sure it's a soft one and use a gentle patting motion to absorb water.The chemistry of each person's skin is different, so showering ever day may not be as damaging to some people as it would be to others. Still, you might want to skip a shower every once in a while. You can also protect your skin by using soft soaps with warm instead of hot water. To top it off, apply a moisturizer after each shower. We all love feeling clean, but we also have to strike a balance between clean skin and healthy skin.

Idk. one doctor that says there is a health benefit to showering multiple times of day.

Edited by nitabug - Jun 26 2014 at 1:09pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair