Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

General Distrust for Men?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General Distrust for Men?
    Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:32am
Nothing to see here Stern Smile

Edited by femmemichelle - Jun 21 2014 at 4:06am
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:36am
I wanna know what happened. 
PM me I won't tell nobody. 
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:37am
I feel sad you feel this way. When I was waiting for my delayed flight last weekend there was a girl sitting at the bar next to me who articulated something similar.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:38am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

I'm not attracted to females/women btw. 

but BHM...how do I go about explaining to people that the thought of being in an emotional relationship with a man is something I just don't want without sounding like a basket case?

How do I explain this to people LOL I just don't like them. I think they're attractive, but I just don't..like..men. I think they're weapons of mass emotional destruction tbh. My mother's going to kill me Stern Smile
no homo? had to put that in huh? LOL 

also do you have to explain? are you harming people with this idea/belief? no? then you're entitled to feel/do you. people's follow up questions get as much attention as you deem necessary.  you can hit em up style with the Stern Smile face, say "no thank you", change the subject... the world is yours. LOL
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:40am
why do you have to explain this to anyone?

Edited by EPITOME - Jun 20 2014 at 9:52am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:43am
You ever thought of getting therapy?
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:44am
Trusted someone. Took advantage of me. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Even if I could get past the barrier I have of just not liking them as people...I'd still have to deal with the fact that say if I were to get in a relationship, so many of them have problems being monogamous. So now that's two barriers. 

I know I've felt this way prior to what happened two months ago, but I've never been able to put it in words. I thought my lack of being able to form an emotional connection with males my age was due to shyness and fear of rejection. But I honestly believe that I just have a natural aversion to many of them It's really hard to explain..
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:49am
Many women deal with this and they cope by lowering or having no expectations of them. I honestly don't know which is worse.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Trusted someone. Took advantage of me. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Even if I could get past the barrier I have of just not liking them as people...I'd still have to deal with the fact that say if I were to get in a relationship, so many of them have problems being monogamous. So now that's two barriers. 

I know I've felt this way prior to what happened two months ago, but I've never been able to put it in words. I thought my lack of being able to form an emotional connection with males my age was due to shyness and fear of rejection. But I honestly believe that I just have a natural aversion to many of them It's really hard to explain..

I've been through this. I let that situation, my childhood and a particulaly vile incident in my life close me off emotionally to men for years. At the end of the day, this attitude will only harm YOU. I'm now involved in a good relationship but I did everything in my power to push him away and nearly succeeded because I didn't want to be had anymore.

You have to find a way to work on this. Invest in therapy. When the issue is so deep, you can't work it out on your own with self-help books, trust. I don't believe you have a natural aversion to men. I still think it's a fear of rejection and emotional pain.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 20 2014 at 9:53am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:59am
Therapy will go a long way

good luck femme
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>