Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

General Distrust for Men?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Femme, one thing that helped me is understanding that your romantic orientation and your sexual orientation are two different things. And that you don't have to act on either.

There's a good infographic for this...I'll see if I can find it.
true and i was explaining the concept of being a heterosexual biromantic to someone a while ago. 

and ooh, can't wait to see the infographic. Smile
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Femme, one thing that helped me is understanding that your romantic orientation and your sexual orientation are two different things. And that you don't have to act on either.

There's a good infographic for this...I'll see if I can find it.
true and i was explaining the concept of being a heterosexual biromantic to someone a while ago. 

and ooh, can't wait to see the infographic. Smile

At this point I'd classify myself as a demisexual biromantic. It's all very interesting.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:38am

At this point I'd classify myself as a demisexual biromantic. It's all very interesting.
awww!! Embarrassed 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:39am
Edit...that didn't work right...here's the link.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/asexual-spectrum_n_3428710.html?1371648467

It has the romantic orientations and sexual orientations.

Romantic: Heteromantic, homoromantic, biromantic, panromantic, a romantic.

Sexual: Asexual, Gray-A/Demisexual, Sexual (which includes homo/hetero/bi/etc).

Edited by maysay1 - Jun 20 2014 at 11:42am
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:43am
In a way, I get where you're coming from though I don't carry hatred or dislike for men..I just don't my faith in them and believe their privilege affords them a lot of luxury and insensitivity.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 12:02pm
Thank you samone! I just could not get it to work.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 12:11pm
Online and offline, some people want to help and others don't. Sift through the dirt to get to the gold nuggets.

I would consider going to a counselor and talking to someone about how you feel. They won't be judgmental like family and friends (and us on BHM). They can help you build up your skills to better cope with how you feel.Hug

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 12:29pm
I don't have anything to add to this conversation...but support. 

I believe you'll get through this...

*hugs*
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

I never thought I'd grow up to say I honestly have a general distaste for males, but I do. I'm not attracted to females/women btw. 

Something happened a few months ago to spark this, but BHM...how do I go about explaining to people that the thought of being in an emotional relationship with a man is something I just don't want without sounding like a basket case? I can totally envision myself being a bridesmaid at some of my friends' weddings at 30+ years of age and the conversations that will come asking why I'm not in a relationship. 

How do I explain this to people LOL I just don't like them. I think they're attractive, but I just don't..like..men. I think they're weapons of mass emotional destruction tbh. My mother's going to kill me Stern Smile

I never get overly emotional. Actually, this is how I feel about most women ticking time bombs of illogical emotional energy to go off. That's foreign to me and I don't go off and do illogical things even when people do me dirty. I control my emotions cause they are tools to be used on how a situation is perceived to you not an excuse to do anything regrettable or harmful.

Edited by iliveforbhm - Jun 20 2014 at 1:59pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 2:33pm
Heal and time will tell.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>