Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Gay/Transgender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i kinda dont know what "support gay rights" really means to straight people.

This. And I'm not sure if "rights" is what was meant to be said here because I'm not sure how you can pick and choose who has the "right" to live their life the way they choose. Gay men...check. Lesbians...check. Bisexuals...check. Transgender...hell nah.

ETA: Just read a clarification of the question and if you are pro gay hopefully you feel that way because you accept people for who they are. Why wouldn't that include transgender?

Edited by Wynter - Sep 24 2013 at 11:49pm
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:54pm
Transgender people are just crazy.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 1:13am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I'm pro everybody being treated with the respect their humanity deserves and having equal rights and access.

I'm pro calling people by whatever name or signifier they want (he/she/ou, they/them, princess queen dante if they want)...I'll adjust forms and make certain accommodations.

There are some things I'm not cool with like paying for prisoners to have hormone treatment or gender reassignment surgery...or people being allowed to use bathrooms they shouldn't be using...and I'm sure there are other things to. And if that means I can't be an ally...then oh well.

This is pretty much how I feel too. However, I will not use those new words like cis-this or that
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I don't think they go hand in hand.
LGBT is not a monolithic group.
I know some gays who don't think that the T should be in the LGBT umbrella.

Well damn.  In a way I feel like that's excluding light skins from blacks.  Like damn now they gotta have a separate marginalized group?LOL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:29am
I guess I just don't get it.

One is supporting how someone wants to practice their sex (with whom)
One is supporting how someone wants to project their sex (as whom)

Its not making sense to me that transgenders should be singled out in the equation but I'm sure there is a reason for this question.  Do you have a sample incident story or just an observation of people having differing opinions on each?  Well I guess even in this thread people did distinguish.
DWeird View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DWeird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 6:13pm
There are trans people who also don't want to be included in the acronym. I get the rationale. It's not a sexual orientation but a gender identity. By lumping them together it can make it easy for ignorant people to just say they're just gay men in permadrag. It's up to the individual though.

The APA does not recognize transgender as a mental illness btw. Cis is not something transgender people made up lol. It's a scientific term (e.g. cis/trans isomers.) It's not really a matter of opinion but how you're neurologically wired vs your anatomy. If you're not trans you're cis.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:07pm
I support one and don't believe in the other.
and i accept that as being a bigot *shrug*
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:27pm
On the one hand, a person going to great surgical and chemical (hormones) lengths to change their sex/gender is exactly the same to me as a person going to great surgical and chemical (skin bleaching) lengths to change their ethnic/racial identity. That shyt cray.

On this other hand, as long as you ain't breaking the law, or impeding on my life, liberty, & pursuit of happiness, do you boo. That shyt ain't my business.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:53pm
Not really answering the question but want to comment on Trans people; this may explain differing opinions.
We all know transgenders portray themselves as the opposite sex (surgically, medically, etc.)
It's not a simple way of describing them, so they could be complicated to understand (b/c they ARE individuals, not just the term "transgender").
I think the following apply to some transgendered........probably why OP made this distinction in her question.

---they belief they were born the wrong sex and therefore DON'T consider themselves gay at all if in a relation with the opposite of their BORN sex (this group could easily be seen as mentally ill in some way. Some COULD actually be mentally illa) .
---OR contrary to the above, they transgender and want to be in a "gay" relationship; e.g. a man--> woman, and only seeks r/ships with women. They could also be bisexual. This group Could definitely get the crazy title even from other gays, just cus they seem confused.
---with the above (1 & 2), they could also consider themselves cross dressers..........
---They are gay and WANT to be the 'male/female' of any gay relationship the are in.
--I KNOW some get a thrill outta lookin like da baddest bisshh, getting any man they want, so they transgender to accomplish just that

Edited by MizzAmirah - Sep 26 2013 at 9:57pm
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I guess I just don't get it.

One is supporting how someone wants to practice their sex (with whom)
One is supporting how someone wants to project their sex (as whom)

Its not making sense to me that transgenders should be singled out in the equation but I'm sure there is a reason for this question.  Do you have a sample incident story or just an observation of people having differing opinions on each?  Well I guess even in this thread people did distinguish.

I don't have a specific example, but I just recall gay classmates or acquaintances I know expressing their lack of acceptance of transgendered people on several occasions.  Like, a gay, black male classmate of mine once said, "I don't want to be a woman, I don't understand why a man would want to be a woman."  However, most straight people I know who are accepting of gay people don't go out of their way to have a separate set of rules for transgender people.  Their acceptance just always seems to carry over into that group too if that makes sense.

I do see a trend that people in this thread who distinguish between the two groups do so because they are confused about what being transgendered means or because they believe transgendered people are confused.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic