Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gay/Transgender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 4:17pm
They go hand in hand to me. I find it very hard to distinguish the difference between a homosexual relationship, and a transgendered female in a relationship with a man.
Sponsored Links

katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 4:49pm
Just thinking about the complexities of TG hurts my brain. I've yet to see people support homosexuality and leave TG behind. I think they go together, but then again since there is so much more going on with TG I'm not sure.

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I don't fully understand the question.
Im not anti, but I limit how pro I am

Do you feel that if you are pro-gay you also have to be pro-transgender because they go hand-in-hand?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:00pm
I don't fully grasp everything about the trans community, but i respect their right to exist in peace and be judged on the quality of who they are and bring to the world academically, professionally, etc like everyone else.  if that's what it means to support it, i do.  i used to feel uncomfortable with the idea of doctors having the power to create an entirely new identity for someone but then i realized that it doesn't remotely effect me so I don't care.  everyone's time on Earth is just too short to be focused on other people's paths.  it's really not difficult to navigate the world without it being a concern in your life.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I support both
this

Eta: Despite the gains the other aspects of the community have made acceptance-wise, the same can't be said for trans rights. There's so much general ignorance about the trans community (on all sides) and much of that translates into blatant hostility and/or disrespect toward transpersons on a daily basis. I've seen it on here at times and people don't bat an eye. And to many, because of the lack understanding, because of the lack of public support, it's that much easier/justified to come for transgender persons. They are still fair game.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Sep 24 2013 at 5:21pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:11pm
I'm pro everybody being treated with the respect their humanity deserves and having equal rights and access.

I'm pro calling people by whatever name or signifier they want (he/she/ou, they/them, princess queen dante if they want)...I'll adjust forms and make certain accommodations.

There are some things I'm not cool with like paying for prisoners to have hormone treatment or gender reassignment surgery...or people being allowed to use bathrooms they shouldn't be using...and I'm sure there are other things to. And if that means I can't be an ally...then oh well.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I don't fully grasp everything about the trans community, but i respect their right to exist in peace and be judged on the quality of who they are and bring to the world academically, professionally, etc like everyone else.  if that's what it means to support it, i do.  i used to feel uncomfortable with the idea of doctors having the power to create an entirely new identity for someone but then i realized that it doesn't remotely effect me so I don't care.  everyone's time on Earth is just too short to be focused on other people's paths.  it's really not difficult to navigate the world without it being a concern in your life.

this is basically how i have always felt about it...
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 6:00pm
I don't think they go hand in hand.
LGBT is not a monolithic group.
I know some gays who don't think that the T should be in the LGBT umbrella.

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:48pm
I support both
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:53pm
I don't fully understand transgenders, I think it must be extremely difficult.  I think they are all different facets of sex, sexuality and gender that are interrelated, so I support both.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:02pm
i support the free expression of sexuality and/or gender. 

as far as how accepted they are overall in the LGBT community, from the outside looking in it looks like people pick and chose what they accept like everything else.
some gays don't accept bisexuals, some butch lesbians would be insulted if you called them transgender. so i don't put anyone in a box as to what their beliefs may or may not be because they affiliate with a certain demographic.

Edited by melikey - Sep 24 2013 at 10:03pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System