BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Gay marriages in the church??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 2.27  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

I would say no, because it infringes on religious rights.
But I honestly don't care. In islam everyone answers for their own actions. So if someone is ok with explaining to God on judgement day why they lived out their life as a homosexual then I'm ok with that too. I just don't understand how someone could really and truly believe in an abrahamic God(and the bible/quran/etc), and still be a homosexual. I would say that they are either not very strong in their faith, or they are doing this to spite the church.

This. If they want to get married…Ok. But honestly the Bible called homosexuality out as an abomination. There's no dancing around that.

But I don't have a hierarchy of sins. If the Bible says not to do something, you don't do it. That being said there are a lot of adulterers, thieves, and those who don't treat their neighbors very well that not only belong to churches, but run the churches.

Let them get married. I'm not the one that has to answer to God at the end of it all.

Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.

Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..

Mannnnn I can't thank you enough
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:03am
there are some churches that allow for this.
there are others that don't

if you want to get married and are gay.. you should go to a church that allows for that.

A church being forced to marry a couple they dont want to is nuts and a recipe for disaster.

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:05am

Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..

Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.

I don't care whats funny to you... At the end of the day they will be judged by God.... before then I will let my fellow brothers and sisters know that homosexuality is a sin.. point blank period..

They are being gay on purpose... by sleeping with the same sex... If they're struggling.. say that.. Don't spin it around and front that you were born that way, therefore you should accept that God made you gay..

This is the most ridiculous, homophobic statement in this thread, and it's sad that other homophobes are probably going to cosign it. Please take a biology class to understand what sexual orientation is. It is a medical matter, not a religious one.
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:06am
I didn't know BHM was hating on the gays like dat....WOW

People don't choose to be gay...how basic can you be?

And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.

I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

I would say no, because it infringes on religious rights.
But I honestly don't care. In islam everyone answers for their own actions. So if someone is ok with explaining to God on judgement day why they lived out their life as a homosexual then I'm ok with that too. I just don't understand how someone could really and truly believe in an abrahamic God(and the bible/quran/etc), and still be a homosexual. I would say that they are either not very strong in their faith, or they are doing this to spite the church.

This. If they want to get married…Ok. But honestly the Bible called homosexuality out as an abomination. There's no dancing around that.

But I don't have a hierarchy of sins. If the Bible says not to do something, you don't do it. That being said there are a lot of adulterers, thieves, and those who don't treat their neighbors very well that not only belong to churches, but run the churches.

Let them get married. I'm not the one that has to answer to God at the end of it all.

.. I'm starting to develop the latter attitude about gay marriage period.

And on that note have a wonderful day today guys. :)
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

And I would guess that just because they are gay doesn't mean they haven't dreamed of having a wedding in a real church like most people. That's why they would want to get married in a church...not out of spite.

I say let the churches who want to accept the gay wedding money accept it. Allowing them to get married in a church would help the economy bounce back in no time lol.

Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:12am

Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.

I don't care whats funny to you... At the end of the day they will be judged by God.... before then I will let my fellow brothers and sisters know that homosexuality is a sin.. point blank period..

They are being gay on purpose... by sleeping with the same sex... If they're struggling.. say that.. Don't spin it around and front that you were born that way, therefore you should accept that God made you gay..

This is the most ridiculous, homophobic statement in this thread, and it's sad that other homophobes are probably going to cosign it. Please take a biology class to understand what sexual orientation is. It is a medical matter, not a religious one.

Phobia of gays? Not I, have people in my life who choose that lifestyle.. I don't love them less than the next person..
You don't know me , so don't call me out of my name...
You also rejected the Lord and Christ, so I wouldn't expect you to understand
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:16am

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

Far from basic..
But I am a follower of God therefore I believe and follow what the bible teaches

I will never understand that way of thinking....but I respect your faith.

I have two gay siblings so I look at this very differently.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 9:20am
a church or wherever you go to praise...
is supposed to be a place.. where you feel welcomed and wanted.

if this place isn't allowing you to be married.. they damn sure dont want or welcome you there.. so why are you there? there are tons of churches  out there that are willing to marry you and welcome you.
Let those other places.... keep their hate filled church to themselves.
if thats their "religion" let them have it.

the equivalent of this to me.. would be a black family fighting for the right to praise in a church run by the KKK or some equally hateful white supremacist group.
Like cut your losses and go somewhere where you are loved.

There was a thread recently about some couple in Mississippi not being allowed to marry in a church b/c they were black. Why would you even want to start one of the most beautiful/powerful unions that you can have-- somewhere where they think so basic?????
couldn't be me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>