Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Gay marriages in the church??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 2.27  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:25am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I'm not understanding why anyone would insist on this right...is it out of spite?

Funny, this is just what whites where asking about black folks during the civil rights movement.

That doesn't make any sense.

Christianity is a religion. Meaning it is a choice. If one does not subscribe to that religion's basic tenets, why be a part of it and furthermore why compel them to disobey God's law? To prove a point?

Most people justified slavery and segregation With their interpretations of biblical quotes. Now, suddenly, te excuse is that these were misinterpretations. Attempting to figure out what a religion's basic tenants are can be as pleasant as going trough a root canal.

We can also argue that everything humans who worship the Christian god is writing in the bible--a document that was written and translated several times by humans. Some of the documents in this collection have little to do with what god thinks, rather what the writer thinks.

Did slaves, by disobeying their masters and demanding freedom, seek out to prove a point?

Once again that does not make any sense. No one has the right to prevent anyone from marrying due to their religious beliefs imo, just like no one has the right to enslave someone as a part of their beliefs. Why would someone who has the right to get married elsewhere choose to get married in a place that does not support gay marriage, in a ceremony in a religion that does not permit gay marriage? It seems like you are dodging the point but you're only answering my question.

Now I don't know if that's what motivates anyone who actually wants to enter into gay marriage in a church, but if you don't think anything's wrong with that line of thinking then you can just say so.

It makes sense. You're just trying to be extra.
Sponsored Links

Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:47am
Married under God? impossible..
There's already openly "gay pastors" so I'm not surprised at all.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:53am
SweetNovember I love how everytime someone has an opinion that differs from yours you are quick to say they don't make any sense SMH
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:09am

Divorced people can do it. So can't adulterers. Why not gays? (that is, assuming being gay is actually a sin or abomination)

You can repent for being an adulterer..
Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:36am

Gays " getting married" is them accepting their sin as a way of life, and seeing nothing wrong with it..

Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

What about Making churches allow blacks to be members?

being black and being gay is not the same thing. 

I don't understand why folks still can't grasp this...meh

Edited by ModelessDiva - Feb 10 2013 at 8:59am
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:53am
I would say no, because it infringes on religious rights.
But I honestly don't care. In islam everyone answers for their own actions. So if someone is ok with explaining to God on judgement day why they lived out their life as a homosexual then I'm ok with that too. I just don't understand how someone could really and truly believe in an abrahamic God(and the bible/quran/etc), and still be a homosexual. I would say that they are either not very strong in their faith, or they are doing this to spite the church.
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:54am

Sorry, but this is so funny to me. You act as though they are being ay on purpose. LOL.

I don't care whats funny to you... At the end of the day they will be judged by God.... before then I will let my fellow brothers and sisters know that homosexuality is a sin.. point blank period..

They are being gay on purpose... by sleeping with the same sex... If they're struggling.. say that.. Don't spin it around and front that you were born that way, therefore you should accept that God made you gay..
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:58am

All I want to know is why the desire to marry in the Church.

You want to keep religion out of gay rights, right?

This kind of has the " haha you didn't want us to get married, so now we're gonna get married in a Church! In your face type of ring to it. "

meh I'll sit this one out, I know how it's gonna end..

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>
  Share Topic