Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Gastric Bypass

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gastric Bypass
    Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 2:06pm
Anybody here have one done or thinking about? I put this down here so newbies can also talk, you never know.

I had mine done in June of 2012 and pretty happy with the results over all. Even with the little problems.

Edited by Prazol60 - Nov 20 2012 at 2:14pm
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 6:56am
i forgot what is the name of the new method that helps people to lose weight. and were u scared when you had to go into surgery?.. what are the side effects? and u shud have just derailed the thread upstairs we wouldn't have minedBig smile
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:44am
lol ... Yes I was scared but also happy. I was too big 300 lbs. No way I would have lived to 50. I dump (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_dumping_syndrome) on potatoes, rice, bread, pasta and sugar so I can not eat those. I miss pizza and pasta so much! But on the other hand I now 220 lbs 5 months post-op. 
mrslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:16am
whats the little problems
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:09am
Dumping is the biggest one, itchy scars even after 5 months, I have to take two large calcium pills for life. Also with rapid weight loss you risk gallstones. After the first 12-18 months also known as the honeymoon period the malabsorption of calories ends. Then the free weight loss ends and it is up to myself to make sure I eat right and work out weekly. I am glad I have this free year to get on track and set for life. 
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:54am
What made you decide to do the bypass and not the lapband? Isn't the lapband less evasive than the gastric? Also, what made you decide to go through with the actual surgery? Was it just trying to lose so many times and failing, or was it just easier and more permanent than dieting?

Oh and congrats on the "new you"! I wish you all the success!!
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:49am
Thank you Jewel! I did want the lap-band at first in fact. After talking to other people that had weight loss surgery I found that the lap-band does work but not as well long term as gastric bypass. Also I did not really want a forigen object in my body, what happens if there is a product recall?

With a gastric bypass it is for life and there was less risk of using slider foods since many of use dump on slider foods. Slider foods are milk shakes, ice cream, pudding which go down easy (unhealthy stuff of course). With a lap-band you will have problems with food sometimes getting stuck, you have to chew tiny bites all the time. So some people who have it use slider foods and still stay overweight or gain weight! With the bypass I can eat normally. 

I was overweight all my life. 200 lbs in the 6th grade so I have no idea what it is like to be a healthy weight. I tried and tried and tried to lose the weight and never had great success. Then came the high blood pressure. I was in the hospital with all these doctors and nurses staring down at me, asking all these questions and taking test trying to figure out if I am having a heart attack. I am only 32 years old!? I was surrounded by all these people over 60 and I am here because I am overweight. So, I had to do something major.

Some people gain weight with this but many do not. Only 20% gain weight so the long term results are positive. Unlike dieting which sadly doesn't work to well with those of us that have to lose over 100 lbs.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:13am
Well Prazol I'm very happy for you. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply